Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Billi 01-07-2017 08:53 AM

I will never turn down extra blocks from any of you talented ladies. :) that would be amazing and make me very happy. But I also know the swap is one and I am good with that too.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7735490)
Billi - last BOOM some of us made 2 blocks out of the fabric that was sent. Would you prefer to get your fabric back instead?

mollymunchkin 01-07-2017 09:58 AM

Terriamn, so sorry to hear about the baby. {{hugs}}

Billi, I am soooo on the same page concerning the weather. No cold or snow for this gal. I'll keep my sunny SoCal, if ya don't mind.

joanelizbay 01-07-2017 10:22 AM

You gals dont know what you are missing...the snow is SO beautiful...and the fresh air hitting you in the face is so refreshing compared to the hot sun beaming down on you and making you sweat...I LOVE winter, all but the ice. Snow you can drive on and its to much fun to watch the grandkids make snow angels...Guess we were ALL born to be different!!

mollymunchkin 01-07-2017 10:45 AM

Joan, I lived for the better part of 40 years not too far from you in Poplar Bluff, MO. I remember the blizzard of '78 very clearly. I know exactly what I'm missing. As long as I don't have to be too cold and don't have to drive on ice, I can live with some snow. When retirement time comes, DH wants to move somewhere that has snow, so I guess I'll have to get used to it eventually. But for now, I'll take the sun!

sewbizgirl 01-07-2017 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wait to start our boom, so I made myself another block with FQs from the same line I sent to you all... Ribbon Star block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565190[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 01-07-2017 11:16 AM

joannelizbay so glad you are enjoying the snow. I got up at 6 in the morning, shoveled the driveway so my father could get to work throughout my high school winters. Yep its beautiful but I'm soo happy to live in Southern California.

Billi, I had to give a similar request for my fabric. I'll send leftovers back to you.

Terriam thinking of you and yours these next few days.

Billi 01-07-2017 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7735625)
...and the fresh air hitting you in the face is so refreshing

You mean hitting you like a 10 pound bag of ice? hahahaha

Joan I love ya but you can keep the -anything weather I'll just take a walk on the beach, or in our mountains (that get snow but have never seen -anything weather) or the desert for my fresh air.

All I have to say is it's a good thing we all love something different or my already crowded city would be insanely full.

Molly, MJP and I will just stay here in lovely Southern California :)

Libster 01-07-2017 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7735327)
Ladies from last boom I told you about the problems with my nephew's baby to be. Yesterdays Ultra sound showed baby Z's little chest has stopped growing. His heart has continued to grow but there is no room for his lungs. The kids were told the baby will live only a short while. My sister and Kelsey's parents will accompany them here to the cities on January 23 . Baby will have to be delivered C-section because of his fragile bones. Unfortunately I will be in Mexico then and won't be able to support my sister but my dd has invited her to stay with her and will drive her back and forth to the hospital. My heart is so heavy for them

Terri, my heart breaks for all of you. It's so hard to lose a little one. My granddaughter lost one last year. BUT.. she's 5 months pregnant with our Rainbow Baby now and everything is looking good so far. I know God knows what He's doing, but sometimes it sure is hard for us to understand. ((((((Hugs)))))) for all of you.

Janice McC 01-07-2017 01:26 PM

Update on rec'd packages...

I've gotten f8s from Billi, Jclinganrey, Marija, MonaG, LJDugas, and Terriamn. Some packages are hung up in transit, prob due to the weather. Delivery dates appear to be pushed back to Monday on a few.

For those who haven't yet shipped or packed their envelopes, please don't use the ziplock baggies with HARD sliding zippers. While you may have room in your mailing packages, when I have to put them in other mailing envelopes for those with two groups, they can be problematic. You wouldn't think they'd take up a lot of room but they do and they tear tightly packed packages. Please use the cheaper ziplocks without the hard zipper for the individual packages. Thanks!

Janice McC 01-07-2017 01:45 PM

Seasaw is one talented lady. (She made the block that's my avatar. I need to take a better pic.) And your block turned out very well. I like it with the pink background.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7734990)
We got more snow and I stayed in today. While waiting for the Booms to get going, I made my first block for myself. This is with one of the ugly 90's fabrics... wish I had used a white for the background.

Seesaw2much was kind enough to share this paper pieced pattern with me after the last Boom. She worked it out herself! :shock:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565102[/ATTACH]