Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

mjpEncinitas 02-01-2017 09:08 PM

IT was fun living vicariously through you and the shopping GramE. I love the subtle red TGa square and I think its just what she is looking for.

GramE 02-01-2017 10:09 PM

Hope the furnace man got there Terri.

ibex94 02-02-2017 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7754041)
my offering for the day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567205[/ATTACH]

This is lovely!!! Thank you!!! Those medallions are stunning. I have no problems with your seams.

ibex94 02-02-2017 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7752638)
Boomers, I have a non-boom delima and I would like your opinions. Would these work for a boy? Bumper pads, crib sheets, and skirt.

Turn it into a night sky theme.... Use your space fabric for this BOOM and it will go with those purple bumpers perfectly. You can use the peacock fabric with us on the next Boom :-) But changing out the ruffle is likely to do the trick, too.

ibex94 02-02-2017 04:37 AM

Lovely blocks, Boomers. I'm still picking out fabrics and patterns to try out. So many choices! Love this entire process but I need more sewing time.

marietta 02-02-2017 05:38 AM

Love love love ALL the blocks.

GramE, so happy you had a great day, now rest and relax :thumbup:

Dang terriamn, Hope it works out good and soon.

terriamn 02-02-2017 05:43 AM

GramE, thanks for taking us on your shopping trip, I could visualize all the different color fabrics and your excitement. You picked great fabrics for your patriotic quilt.

kass love your red block

Furnace man was in and out in 30 minutes, the thermo coupler had burned out. Thankfully it was covered by our monthly service plan. Nice and comfy in here now.

travelinggramma 02-02-2017 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7754956)
TGma I took advantage of your bigger piece of fabric and made a ring of friendship stars all in red. I hope you like it, I have to say I was disappointed that some of the red pieces are lost guess I'm more about the drama! lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567305[/ATTACH]

I tried numerous times last night to post when you wrote that you had 32 pieces. When I saw your circle this morning I am in awe. And I can see all those stars in a circle. Its perfect! Thank you thank you thank you.

GramE - you were on my mind yesterday and was praying you saved some energy for your return ride home. Love that ombre red. And yes, blue shooting stars too. Great buys. I would have been so overwhelmed.

Have worked on matching up your fabric with pattern options (still). My mothers stuff is in front of my stash cabinet so difficult. I take her back to NY on the 5th but will be able to fly back to FL on the 11th. DH has been a trouper with me gone and then bringing back mom. And when I return, my sewing machine will be humming!

sewbizgirl 02-02-2017 09:10 AM

Love the comet block and Kass' red block. Both fit the bill perfectly!

GramE, I loved your telling of your fabric shopping day. You made me want to go there! If it was closer, I would. :D Sounds like they really know how to run a sale and keep their customers motivated. FUN! Glad your leash stretched out that far. :D

jclinganrey 02-02-2017 09:21 AM

Wonderful block, Jaba. Very pretty.

I finally received my F8 package so now I can start on your blocks. I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head - - -