Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 02-03-2017 09:02 AM

I have an idea for Biblio's animal fabric, need to play around w/ some paper shapes to see if it will work.

jaba 02-03-2017 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7756087)
TG I thought you wanted these blocks to be very low contrast and we should stick as closely to the color in the block as possible. Is that correct? I'm thinking about making Hawaiin flower on my block. That would only take two colors.

I don't have anything on her instructions that say low contrast, but if yours is more yellow this one must be for the orange. I'll wait 'til she sees our posts for an answer. Thanks for letting me know, easier to cut different pieces than to take it all apart :)

Muse&Sew 02-03-2017 09:43 AM

Francie, so sorry about your DH's sister! Prayers are with you.
My dog, buddy passed away yesterday too. He was a white lab, 12 years old. Lived a long life for a dog. Hard to see him go too.

So Marietta, any specific's for your fabric? If anyone else know's color choice etc for her fabric please let me know.

GramE 02-03-2017 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7756126)
It's a sad day...my DH 's older sister passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning...she was divorced,no children...It hits pretty close to home. Every day is a gift. When I think about my legacy...my DH and I produced 3 good kids...and a number of folks have my quilts. ( the great grandchildren will wrap their furniture in them when they move,no doubt.)

So sorry Francie. The unexpected part brings a shock that stops us in our tracks! Prayers for your family.

jclinganrey 02-03-2017 10:13 AM

I didn't put any specific requests with my F8. Any pieced block will be wonderful!

Janice McC 02-03-2017 10:46 AM

Francie, I'm very sorry to hear of your family's great loss. You have my condolences.

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7756126)
It's a sad day...my DH 's older sister passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning...she was divorced,no children...It hits pretty close to home. Every day is a gift. When I think about my legacy...my DH and I produced 3 good kids...and a number of folks have my quilts. ( the great grandchildren will wrap their furniture in them when they move,no doubt.)

travelinggramma 02-03-2017 11:55 AM

Jaba - I sent out a yellow fabric and also an orange fabric. Yours is right in the middle of the two colors in my rainbow! So you can include both yellow and orange and it should blend into the others. Does that make sense?

travelinggramma 02-03-2017 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got two blocks done which makes me feel really good. Spent time cutting out pieces so I can bring a couple to handsew on my trip.
Bibliostone - these are 3D Bowties. Worked at making sure Mickey and Minnie would be aok when you turned it on point.
Kass - I love the citrus colors together and thought my yellow would be a bit more pronounced, but alas it isn't.

Libster 02-03-2017 12:09 PM

Francie, so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I know how hard it is to give them up, especially when it's unexpected. ((((((Hugs))))))

"So Marietta, any specific's for your fabric? If anyone else know's color choice etc for her fabric please let me know."

I've PMed her asking for preferences also. Haven't heard back yet though.

Ibex94, I didn't have any instructions with your F8 either. Sent you a PM also.

Marija's bag doesn't have instructions either, but written on the bag says "matching" so I'm assuming whatever matches. Sure is beautiful fabric.

Kassaundra 02-03-2017 12:16 PM

Awesome TGma, I love my block those colors are perfect.