Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

travelinggramma 01-29-2017 05:30 AM

Thank you -= this is exactly what I was looking for - breaking all the rules about contrast!! and using up all those little scrappy pieces - love it thank you

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7751816)
Love your block for MJP, Bibliostone! Looks like a party...

Here's my first April group block... Part of TravelingGramma's rainbow quilt. Hope this fits the bill, TG... no contrast, just lots of blues. It's pinwheels but you have to look hard to find them. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566976[/ATTACH]

travelinggramma 01-29-2017 05:33 AM

MJP - there is no simple - I love the color choices you make. And each is unique and done with love. when we put all these blocks together - you will see that the assortment and variety is what makes it work. I can't make 20 different unique blocks with one fabric, but together we can!

sewbizgirl 01-29-2017 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7751854)
All the blocks I've seen so far are awesome! Is this a competition? All my blocks are pretty simple.

No! Not a competition although some of our quilters are awesome and super creative. Simple is good! :)

Kassaundra 01-29-2017 06:47 AM

Well said, this sums it up perfectly. I personally love puzzle solving and fussy cutting and making interquet blocks it is my favorite part of quilting. I am thrilled w/ all the well made blocks I get back the simple ones give the eye rest in sampler type quit. If some of my blocks inspire others to boldness that is icing on the cake. I view the time it takes to make the blocks as a gift to each lady in this swap, that is why I only join one of the groups so I have the time to make the kind of blocks that I love to make.

And Marietta, candy in the pockets might help. lol

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7751872)
All the blocks are awesome, in both groups. Competition? lol not at all. In my case It's Thankful someone trusted a complete stranger with their fabric, Grateful that someone is taking the time out of their life to gift me with a block, be it simple, awesome, traditional, modern, howtheheckdidshedothat!.
It's inspiration, learning, and any kind of knowledge I can glean from experienced sewers/quilters or by trial and error.
:) When I get on the computer and check in here, I liken it to going to a class.
So competition, No, not hardly. Besides the only thing I ever have or will compete with or for, is hubby over the grandkids...the stinkers always run to him first HA

joanelizbay 01-29-2017 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Would you consider the fabric on the left as WOW? I ordered and received it and it says white on the end but the more I look at it the more Im saying hmmmmmmm.... IF you wouldnt want this used as WOW please tell me and I can get some different WOW... Thanks

sewbizgirl 01-29-2017 10:14 AM

It looks like WOW, but just a different tone of white than your other.... just like you get different tones of white in solids. I don't think I asked for WOW (or maybe I did!) but I wouldn't have a problem with it going in my quilt as a WOW.

Kassaundra 01-29-2017 10:25 AM

That shows on my screen as definately white on ivory. It is pretty, but if all the other blocks were wow this one would stand out as different.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7752237)
Would you consider the fabric on the left as WOW? I ordered and received it and it says white on the end but the more I look at it the more Im saying hmmmmmmm.... IF you wouldnt want this used as WOW please tell me and I can get some different WOW... Thanks

Janice McC 01-29-2017 10:53 AM

I think the right word might be "classic"! Some of the "simplest" blocks can turn out to be pains in the posterior. And, no, it's not a competition, or at least I hope it isn't.

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7751854)
All the blocks I've seen so far are awesome! Is this a competition? All my blocks are pretty simple.

joanelizbay 01-29-2017 10:56 AM

So would you use it as WOW? Kass??? I dont want to use it in anyones blocks if they didnt see it as 'white"....I have a whole bolt, 15 yards of it!! LOL

Janice McC 01-29-2017 10:59 AM

Waiting very patiently fyi but I rec'd notice it was delivered yesterday so I need you to confirm that so I can relax. (Cannot blame this one on the USPS...I made an error on the address...10 lashes with a wet noodle for me :( )

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7751634)
I am admiring all the blocks I've seen so far. I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I'm waiting patiently for my F8 package to arrive. Janice & I are communicating so she's aware. I'll dig in when my package arrives. In the meantime. . . .