Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

All2Pieces 01-24-2017 05:46 PM

Kass - great Dresden blocks. The ladybug medallion made me chuckle. Fantastic job! You know, you could always make some grandma's fan blocks with the leftover blades. Just a thought.

All2Pieces 01-24-2017 05:57 PM

Another note to new swappers - Kassaundra's Dresden are a perfect example of how the same block pattern and the same fabric (her red) combined with the focus fabric make great blocks for different swappers. If you are only comfortable doing just one type of block, even if it's just a 9 patch, a well-made 12 1/2" square is appreciated. Especially if it is a fussy-cut 9 patch. ;) *smile* :) Look through the gallery at some past BOOM swaps to see some of the other examples. And I am going to have to think another day or so before I start cutting into these fabric jewels.

sewbizgirl 01-24-2017 08:23 PM

Love that ladybug center on the DOD dresden, Kass. I believe you win the fussy cutting and piecing award on that one. I actually didn't see the ladybugs right away. It just looked like a busy and sparkly emblem... til I noticed the antennae. :D

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 08:40 PM

Thanks Sewbiz I am so addicted to fussy cutting it almost hurts me to cut fabric "like a barbarian" lol lol lol I was always fascinated by it, but after starting the La Pass and EPP it is a sickness!!!! I even incorporated fussy cutting in the En Provence.

Terri, I had an idea about your block, I will putz w/ it but if it works it is going to be cool, it will use those extra 4 blades I made (or parts of them ) I'm excited to see if it will work.

marietta 01-25-2017 02:15 AM

Love the dresdens.

Kassaundra 01-25-2017 03:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay MJP, here is your finished block. I am including the 4 blades I made unless I get time, and inspiration before mail date. Well I guess even then they will be included, lol.

Terri, I was going to make you wait to see my solution until I got the background fabric, but I am just to pleased w/ myself to wait!!!! I hope you like my solution as much as I do, I used your extra blades to do this so .....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566699[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566700[/ATTACH]

NanaKathy55 01-25-2017 03:41 AM

Good Morning Ladies..Received my Squishes' Monday..Love all the different fabrics..Can't wait to get started..Ga here and all is well..just lots of rain..but 15 miles from my house a tornado hit with a lot of destruction but no injuries Thank God but sadly in different parts of Ga lives were lost..Praying for all who were touched by these storms

terriamn 01-25-2017 05:34 AM

Kass glad you didn't make me wait, you did find the perfect solution I love it

Nana Kathy so glad you are ok

Libster 01-25-2017 05:42 AM

NanaKathy55, glad you're checking in and are okay. So sorry to hear about the tornado. Will keep them in my prayers.
Kass, Just simply- WOW!! I'll bet you Terri is doing the happy dance! I love how you've edged those extra blades with her fabric.

sewbizgirl 01-25-2017 06:04 AM

Awesome dresdens... the little edging is spectacular.

Glad you are safe NanaKathy... Hattiesburg MS, about an hour away, was hit really hard with a tornado. Lots of destruction. Churches here are sending down crews to help cut up fallen trees and other cleanup. Lots of rebuilding is going to be needed.