Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Janice McC 01-24-2017 05:32 AM

I forgot to mention this earlier, but when you have F8 packages meant for a specific person, please mark them very well, maybe wrap an elastic band around them or put their name on a piece of tape across both sides, anything to really make them stand out. It wasn't until I was stuffing envelopes and sealing them, I discovered a few marked baggies so I was able to switch those out. I may have missed others. Some had names marked at the very top but they came out folded over and the names were not visible. With over 600 F8s to sort, I do NOT look at each and every baggie for names. Please make it very difficult for me to miss! Thanks!

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 06:02 AM

I've got a couple of Dresdens in the works but not saying for who.

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 06:06 AM

MJP I'm going to have to give my inner Tim Gunn a valium when I work on yours. lol

Janice McC 01-24-2017 10:27 AM

You can subdue him and make a terrific block. I have complete faith in you. :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7748308)
MJP I'm going to have to give my inner Tim Gunn a valium when I work on yours. lol

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 11:09 AM

I have good news and bad news............... The site I went on to figure out how to draw a dresden template said the standard blade was 3.5 x 1 x 5 long, and this would make a 20 blade dresden that would fit in a 12.5 inch square. So I busy myself cutting and making 30 blades (enough for 1.5 blocks while I look for the perfect fabric for the other 10 blades) anyway, it worked up great, nice flat plate, but only takes 12 blades, so now I have all these extra blades. Oh well guess to many is better then not enough.

mjpEncinitas 01-24-2017 11:11 AM

Don't think about Tim Gunn. Try thinking about Frida Kahlo. She's more fun anyway right? Well at least more dramatic.

sewbizgirl 01-24-2017 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7748519)
I have good news and bad news............... The site I went on to figure out how to draw a dresden template said the standard blade was 3.5 x 1 x 5 long, and this would make a 20 blade dresden that would fit in a 12.5 inch square. So I busy myself cutting and making 30 blades (enough for 1.5 blocks while I look for the perfect fabric for the other 10 blades) anyway, it worked up great, nice flat plate, but only takes 12 blades, so now I have all these extra blades. Oh well guess to many is better then not enough.

Make more dresdens! :D

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 11:17 AM

I have to admit I had to google her, lol. Those pics were less "boisterous" then the day of the dead pics I was googling before. Makes me happier since I have issues w/ chaos. I may not own a box, but I have neat piles! lol lol lol

Kassaundra 01-24-2017 01:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Terri, and MJP, I have sneak peeks for you guys. These aren't finished yet, but you can see sorta where I'm going w/ them. Terri, I am using the same red for a background, just have to get more the piece I have isn't wide enough. MJP yours is going to be brighter I'm working on a fussy cut center medallion and I have the background chosen just waiting until the medallion is done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566642[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566644[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 01-24-2017 02:25 PM

Awesome dresdens, Kass! Love the way you quartered the center circle on Terri's, so the pattern would be circular. You're amazing.