Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

NanaKathy55 01-27-2017 06:27 PM

Wow..amazing block!!!!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7750831)
Here is the finished test block. Same pattern that Sewbiz's block is but this one is very graphic. I had to add the narrow strip (teal) in the center part b/c it was going to be 1/2 inch to small, but for Sewbiz's block I was able to make the center triangles 1/4 inch bigger. There is a humility block in here but I didn't see it in time to redo it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566860[/ATTACH]

joanelizbay 01-28-2017 06:36 AM

Kass, I wouldnt EVEN attempt something like that! Its very pretty!! Im loving ALL the blocks made so far. was hoping to sew this weekend but have a funeral and a 50 year reunion planning meeting today plus grandkids...I need a vacation from everything!! :) Terri...Yellowstone is SO beautiful...I wanted to go there this year again on vacation with grandkids but they chose the beach in Florida...maybe next year.. :(

francie yuhas 01-28-2017 09:39 AM

Every year or two,I choose a skill and then work hard on it. This year,it's quilting with rulers on my domestic sewing machine. I have a few rulers to start,but picked up the ones for borders at road to cal quilt show. It looks a lot easier on you tube than it really is,but...so are a lot of other quilting skills. I am appreciating all of your blocks....mine are in progress. I'll ask our fearless leader to post some when she's not up to her armpits in alligators...cheers!

terriamn 01-28-2017 01:15 PM

Our wonderful vacation has come to end as all vactions must. Will soon be leaving paradise for the airport and cold snowy Minnesota. Need to make a sunny tropics quilt top,hubby is already looking for a new adventure for next year.

Kassaundra 01-28-2017 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have finished Jaba's block today, it is a variation of a Lucy Boston block. Getting enough repeats on an F8 can be challenging, but this one just barely had enough so I had to go for it. Hope you like it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566938[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 01-28-2017 01:52 PM

That block for Jaba is amazing, Kass. Can't believe you were able to get all those fussy cuts out of a F8! :shock:

Kassaundra 01-28-2017 02:01 PM

It took some time to see them all and several attempts w/ different layouts, and there is almost nothing left to the f8 bigger then a quarter! lol Then figuring out a layout that would take advantage of just 4 repeats. I have to say I did a happy dance when I figured out her green fabric was big enough for a solid square.

mjpEncinitas 01-28-2017 02:07 PM

just gorgeous Kass.

jclinganrey 01-28-2017 02:08 PM

I am admiring all the blocks I've seen so far. I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I'm waiting patiently for my F8 package to arrive. Janice & I are communicating so she's aware. I'll dig in when my package arrives. In the meantime. . . .

joanelizbay 01-28-2017 02:26 PM

Kass you have out done yourself. I REALLY like that block for Jaba...I wish I had the patience,time and skill to make beautiful blocks like that!! Im amazed!