Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

terriamn 03-02-2017 08:01 PM

Thanks on Liam, he is one miraculous little fellow.

travelinggramma 03-03-2017 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7776310)
It is!! I couldn't help myself, I sent Kelley a picture of it , and all the blocks for her quilt. She loves them all.

now you will really have to complete her quilt - she won't let you put it off!! Glad she approves of all our artwork:)

marietta 03-03-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7776460)
now you will really have to complete her quilt - she won't let you put it off!! Glad she approves of all our artwork:)

Yes I will! lol after looking at all my blocks, not just hers, she said "Your ladies are artist's"

marietta 03-03-2017 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's NanaKathy's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569302[/ATTACH]

One last block to complete, The one I thought might be the easiest to do, Has turned out ...Well let me say I now consider Mickey my nemesis and Minnie his cohort.

jclinganrey 03-03-2017 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7775741)
Hmm _ I am thinking those kitties have been have one too many hot toddies! Loving it
Here are my two - finished about 1am when I couldn't sleep.
JC - I was doing the happy dance when I matched up your fabric to my stash. Wanted to really focus all three.
Muse - I had to take apart the first block I had made - the colors were lost and I wasn't happy. So was left with cut up fabric (I know that no one else has had this happen!!) Anyway - I found two astronauts that are hanging out in space somewhere. Kept thinking of Julia Roberts in Gravity.
I have one more to go. Went to Sewing room at park and tried using the space to spread out the last boom blocks and start sewing. I really don't like to use other sewing machines but the white is a heavy one but when I ook out the bobbin the minuscule screw fell out of the case. Will be taking a trip to the sewing repairman to get a replacement.

What a pretty block! Thank you so much. The purple matches perfectly.

joanelizbay 03-03-2017 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more done. Ill probably get the other 3 done tomorrow since I dont have grandkids! :) These is for Jane and Jaba.

marietta 03-03-2017 06:30 PM

Very pretty joan, I especially like jaba's

Muse&Sew 03-03-2017 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovely blocks Joan & Marietta.

Here's my block for MJPencinitas. Sorry I took the picture crooked, but you get the idea!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569360[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 03-03-2017 08:31 PM

Beautiful blocks today, everyone! :o

That yellow paisley of Jane's is so pretty. I don't think I've seen that fabric yet. :cool:

I finished a quilt for a birthday party tomorrow.... One of my Silver Sneaker ladies is turning 70 and throwing herself a big party with dinner and live music. She's very special to me so I made her a Church Ladies quilt. I posted it in pictures today, and tomorrow it will be gone to its new home.

marija 03-03-2017 08:41 PM

Beautiful! Thx so much.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7769407)
Great blocks Joan, really like the spinning effect on Ibex's block. I was able to get Marija's block finished today after all. Seems I could just take the test and not watch the 4 hour program, so woo hooo I got out of the first 4 hour part, sadly tomorrow is another 4 hour part I can't get out of.

Marija since several of your blocks had an "octagon"type star I did all your inside "star points" in the same color to reference those other blocks. This striped fabric looked like it was made in the same line as your floral it matches that well. I've had it for some time, it was found on my deep stash diving, so no clue where or when I got it. Anyway hope you like your block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568745[/ATTACH]