Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 01-23-2017 04:16 PM

My mail man came back and brought my squishy, he was a new guy guess he just missed it. So I've been petting everyones fabrics. Marietta, Marja, and Jane I didn't see any instructions have I overlooked them? I got lots of stripes to play with woo hoo see what trouble I can get into w/ those. Oh speaking of stripes, Ibex your sparkly stripes are for a fairy quilt for a girl right? I also didn't see instructions in that pkt, you were going for pastels???

marietta 01-23-2017 04:18 PM

Got my fabric today too :thumbup:
Hope your feeling better terriamn
mjp great blocks, especially like the last one, Beautiful bed quilt, sorry to hear of your troubles
Sorry can't remember who had the river flooding, But hope you didn't get swept away

marija 01-23-2017 05:03 PM

So sorry to hear about your water problem. All those engineers will get it fixed asap.
See you tomorrow.

ibex94 01-23-2017 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7747941)
My mail man came back and brought my squishy, he was a new guy guess he just missed it. So I've been petting everyones fabrics. Marietta, Marja, and Jane I didn't see any instructions have I overlooked them? I got lots of stripes to play with woo hoo see what trouble I can get into w/ those. Oh speaking of stripes, Ibex your sparkly stripes are for a fairy quilt for a girl right? I also didn't see instructions in that pkt, you were going for pastels???

Kassaundra and everyone -- forgive me for not including anything beyond my "sweet fairy" note. I have made a bunch of fairy rings. The blocks you create for me will be used to help space the fairy rings out. You may use any color you want to. I specified "sweet" because there are some evil fairies out there, too. I don't want "evil" colors. Just fun, lighthearted, sweet colors, lol. Pastels are fine but they don't have to be pastels. And yes, this will be a quilt for a girl/young lady. I started it about 12 years ago, lol. She's grown up a bit in that time. The fabric you received is one of the ones I've used in my fairy rings. Sorry for all the glitter, Kassaundra. I picked the fabric for the long lasting colors, not the glitter. That glitter gets everywhere!!!

My F8s have arrived! Sing to me you beautiful rectangles!!!

ibex94 01-23-2017 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7747848)
Oh and I got Ibex's stripes!!

Woohoo! That glitter gets everywhere. I should have sent a lint brush with those particular F8s.

ibex94 01-23-2017 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7747700)
Kass, how cute your little yorkie is!
I got my F8s today.
Everybody down South, please check in and let us know if you made it through these storms okay. We got about 3 inches of rain last night and the river is already flooding here. We're expecting all the wind this afternoon. I know Georgia was hit horribly by the tornados, 19 dead by the last count I heard. Everybody, stay safe. This weather is wild!

We had lots of rain. Lots of tornado warnings but I'm fine. I didn't realize Georgia has been getting slammed that hard. I better turn on the news.

MJP -- that is awful about the flooding in CA, too. I hate broken water pipes. I love using chain saws, lol, but only if they are light enough for me to lift. BTW, I have been collecting day of the dead fabrics for a while. I can't wait to make a block with yours and see what this creative bunch comes up with.

Muse&Sew 01-23-2017 05:23 PM

Got my squishy in the mail! Woo hoo! Now to look at all of the fun fabrics!

marija 01-23-2017 05:25 PM

Yea!! My fabric arrived this afternoon. So many pretty fabrics to play with!

Kassaundra 01-23-2017 05:28 PM

Ibex no worries about the glitter, the constant white fabric I am using in my La Pass is glitteriffic too.

marija 01-23-2017 05:29 PM

I wrote on the baggie to just use light fabric. Guess I should have enclosed a note instead.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7747941)