Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Janice McC 03-10-2017 04:34 PM

New chicken pix! Stunning in their new attire. :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7781553)
Stripy Butt and the Mrs. have new clothes today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569693[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569694[/ATTACH]
Tried to make a tunic w/ a sock, she was to big so a crop top and sweats it is for now.

terriamn 03-10-2017 06:41 PM

Great space block and love the background fabric

Yes SewBiz mine are also going to be different fabrics for one. And have several others with yardage I will need to choose between

Took the grands to a cinema and grill. Our first time, it was great youngest grand actually ate her dinner. Think she was busy watching the movie and just munched away

Muse&Sew 03-10-2017 07:50 PM

This is an amazing block! Love what you've done.

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 7781609)
Here is a block for Muse&Sew. I think it is the same block I did with the last space fabric, but I used different fabric, This one has constellations on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569697[/ATTACH]

terriamn 03-10-2017 08:11 PM

Sewbiz and Libster when you QAYG can you add borders?

sewbizgirl 03-10-2017 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7781751)
Sewbiz and Libster when you QAYG can you add borders?

I haven't done it myself, but I'm sure you could. Just add each border as a separate piece, the same way you add the blocks to each other.

Someone posted a quilt to the board not long ago that she had quilted the regular way... and then decided she wanted to add borders. So she added them QAYG style. Her quilt looked great.

I think you could also enlarge an existing quilt this way, by either ripping or cutting (!) off the binding first.

mjpEncinitas 03-10-2017 09:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Butterfly blocks for LJ and Francie. colors are off. These were supposed to look exactly the same but they don't and they don't look like the picture I was trying to do either. I like the way they look so I didn't get the seam ripper out. Hope you do too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]569713[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 03-10-2017 09:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cat block for Billi[ATTACH=CONFIG]569714[/ATTACH]

Leo block for All2pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569715[/ATTACH] The middle color in this block has more purple in it than it looks like. I like the block in real life much better than the picture. I did this block to a Motown Jackson 5 I Want You Back mix. I listened to the song lots of times, so i could figure out how the choreography fit. My husband came in and did it with me when he saw me practice teaching and doing the dance. I figured if I could teach it to him, I could teach it to anyone and then I taught it in my aerobics class. We had fun with it today in class. I really think you should come and do this dance with me All2 pieces

These two blocks are from Tula Pink's 100 City blocks.

mjpEncinitas 03-10-2017 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for Libster.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569716[/ATTACH]

Now I just have to finish the embroidery on Joan's block and then I will be done.

I have a second block for SewBiz girl started. I'm working on it at my Tennis matches. No embroidery just easy paper piecing. I have ideas for other bonus blocks but we'll see if I have time.

mjpEncinitas 03-10-2017 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops I put Libster's block in upside down. [ATTACH=CONFIG]569717[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 03-10-2017 10:07 PM

Your blocks look GREAT, mjp! Really love the way Libster's came out.

I'm excited that you have started another block for me! You are such a tease...