Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 02-02-2017 11:20 AM

Hey Libster,

That block you made for JLT and also MonaG (star in center).... what block is that and where can I find it? I made one out of my stormtrooper fabric just by copying, but the dimensions are slightly different. I like yours better.

Libster 02-02-2017 12:32 PM

The name of that block is Goshen Star. You need 4 units made of 1- 4 1/2" square of fabric with 2 " squares on the four corners using the sew and flip method. Press the 2" squares, wrong sides together on the diagonal, open and sew on the press line on the corners. I only cut the middle layer out after flipping. You also need 4 HSTs at 4 1/2" square along with 1 center square of 4 1/2" square. Hope this helps.

Muse&Sew 02-02-2017 01:08 PM

mjpEncinitas thanks for the lovely comet block!

GramE what a fun shopping experience.

sewbizgirl 02-02-2017 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7755538)
The name of that block is Goshen Star. You need 4 units made of 1- 4 1/2" square of fabric with 2 " squares on the four corners using the sew and flip method. Press the 2" squares, wrong sides together on the diagonal, open and sew on the press line on the corners. I only cut the middle layer out after flipping. You also need 4 HSTs at 4 1/2" square along with 1 center square of 4 1/2" square. Hope this helps.

Huh! That's exactly how I made mine, but to look at yours it looks like your center blocks are smaller and the 4 corner blocks slightly larger. Must just be how it's photographed.

Thanks for the name! :)

ibex94 02-03-2017 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7755225)
Furnace man was in and out in 30 minutes, the thermo coupler had burned out. Thankfully it was covered by our monthly service plan. Nice and comfy in here now.

Great news!!!

Safe travels Travelinggramma.

jaba 02-03-2017 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Travelinggramma, I'm second guessing myself on this fabric. Not sure if it's suppose to read yellow or orange. What color do I need to change on this?[ATTACH=CONFIG]567374[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 02-03-2017 08:17 AM

Jaba I have a similar fabric from TG except mine is more yellow. I am going to stick with yellow/gold for mine now that I see yours. I was thinking about adding some yellow orange but then our blocks would be too similar. Thanks for posting.

mjpEncinitas 02-03-2017 08:21 AM

TG I thought you wanted these blocks to be very low contrast and we should stick as closely to the color in the block as possible. Is that correct? I'm thinking about making Hawaiin flower on my block. That would only take two colors.

francie yuhas 02-03-2017 08:56 AM

It's a sad day...my DH 's older sister passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning...she was divorced,no children...It hits pretty close to home. Every day is a gift. When I think about my legacy...my DH and I produced 3 good kids...and a number of folks have my quilts. ( the great grandchildren will wrap their furniture in them when they move,no doubt.)

Kassaundra 02-03-2017 09:01 AM

I'm so sorry Francie