Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

mjpEncinitas 02-01-2017 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kass gets sick and makes these fantastical blocks. I get sick and make what's called a comet block for muse&sew. It's square, I haven't been able to get any of my photos to come out looking square even though the blocks are:thumbdown: Hope you like it. I had fun making it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]567282[/ATTACH]

terriamn 02-01-2017 04:52 PM

MJP great comet but hope I don't have to get sick to be inspired.

Kassaundra 02-01-2017 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
TGma I took advantage of your bigger piece of fabric and made a ring of friendship stars all in red. I hope you like it, I have to say I was disappointed that some of the red pieces are lost guess I'm more about the drama! lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567305[/ATTACH]

GramE 02-01-2017 06:40 PM

Oh my goodness, it is good that I'm on a short leash! I wanted to say, I'll take 2 of everything. They had a red room, a blue room, and gold and brown room, many batiks. Everything was 30% off and one whole room was 50% off. They even had a corner of 20-25 striped bolts that were very interesting. Some looked related to Terri's. They had a baby corner(I almost came home with a yd or two of the caterpillar fabric), a sports section, a section that I can't call up the word but old prints(reproductions?) brought back again, they had a cheery, happy print section, a valentine section. I'd say they had at least 4,000 bolts. They had precuts, fat quarters, quarter yd packets, piggys(looked like maybe a fat 16th), they had tools and gadgets galore. Now I was having trouble remembering I needed to pick up Chloe at 3:30! And then I saw it, a 42 X 72" panel of a fully suited life-sized astronaut. $34. I wanted it but I have 10 grandsons, I don't want to make 9 of them mad at me. so I put it back.:(. But on the way home I decided i had to have it so I will HAVE to go back. (hehehehe) I know a couple of quilters I can get to go with me and later in the month, the prices might be lower.

I've been wanting to do a quilt of valor and I gave away my hand sewn Hunter's Star quilt for a wedding present and i fell in love with this blue, and then the red room came next, and the 50% off room had a beautiful red/blue blend. I feel a quilt coming on. Ok, Ok, I know I have the blue paisley Boom 16 top that needs 4 more blocks, I have the red hat quilt that has a plan in the works, I have a stack of flimsies but they have gotten boring. ;). And the Hunter Star I can do in bed, hand sewn.

But they also are having a point contest, 20,000 points for finishing off a bolt. Can we say together, point inflation? Points for purchases, points for pointing out misspellings in advertising letter, and Wednesday was double point day! that point guy was giving you points if you were breathing! was a fun promo but not realistic from 80 miles away! I touched a lot of fabric, got a fix but i'm hoping to get to go back. With notes. Everything was high quality, I could have just sat & watched everyone picking out their fabric. Kinda like being at a sporting event for women with sewing machines. I think I'm gonna have to scratch a dr appt or a physical therapy massage off of my February dance card. I can reschedule but this sale ends Feb 28.

It was a great day, Chloe had a great time and bought my supper at CrackerBarrel. 80 miles down, 70 miles back to Chloe's house, then 60 back to my house. Where do I go to get frequent miles points. Hey, maybe the point guy would consider it? Glorious day. Thank you Lord for keeping me safe and sane. Yeah, I missed the 20% at Joann's for oldies but it comes around a lot at ours, ya kinda just gotta be there to know it. I love that Terri shared how much she saved, but did anyone notice that she made no mention of how much she spent? Won't catch me doin' that either.

Happy to be off the freeway and back in the cornfields of NorthCentral Indiana.

Libster 02-01-2017 06:52 PM

Sounds like you had a happy day! I'm happy for you. Now, go to bed and rest like a good girl. We want you in tiptop shape for our next Boom.

Kassaundra 02-01-2017 06:56 PM

GramE, stay safe, glad you had such a great day.

GramE 02-01-2017 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567309[/ATTACH]
I got a new PC for Christmas & I've forgotten all the PC stuff I knew. Hope this isn't too big. The squares of the Hunters squares will be the blue and the white w/stars. The stars will be the blue/red. I loved the blue with the shooting stars.

All2Pieces 02-01-2017 07:12 PM

GramE - Nice looking fabric. Glad you had a good day and got to pet a lot of fabric. Stay safe and healthy. :thumbup:

GramE 02-01-2017 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7754956)
TGma I took advantage of your bigger piece of fabric and made a ring of friendship stars all in red. I hope you like it, I have to say I was disappointed that some of the red pieces are lost guess I'm more about the drama! lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567305[/ATTACH]

They are not lost, just peeking out at you. Lovely.

terriamn 02-01-2017 08:20 PM

Our house is almost 100 years old and there was an addition added in 1966. We have radiators in the main house and forced air in the back addition. Our family room and my sewing area are both in the new addition. Since we got home from vacation it has really been cold in the main house. Really cold in here today and now I'm waiting for the furnace repair tech to get here. They hoped it would be by midnight and I'm hoping it's not going to cost us a fortune :thumbdown: