Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Janice McC 06-08-2017 02:59 AM

MM, it looks better than ok, it's wonderful! Love the BB touches! Great job!

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7839388)
Have been so busy with end of school stuff that I didn't even notice QB was malfunctioning. Anyway, glad to see everyone is doing ok. To keep myself from going off the deep end with the aforementioned school stuff, I have been working on this in my spare (ha ha) time. One more shelf to go, then to quilt it. I am going to attempt to QAYG. I don't usually post pics of WIPs, but I'm glad I did, as I was apprehensive as to how it was turning out. But it actually looks okay. I was worried about too much black space.

Kassaundra 06-08-2017 03:37 AM

MM awesome POD

sewbizgirl 06-08-2017 05:46 AM

Love the bookshelf quilt, MM! It looks great against the black background. And it must be for a Beauty and the Beast fan. Love your Mrs. Potts. Those quilts are so much fun to personalize.

terriamn 06-08-2017 09:48 AM

MM I agree your book shelf looks great

joanelizbay 06-08-2017 12:17 PM

Molly, my daughter wants one with a cat sitting on a shelf....I keep putting her off! :) Yours looks great!!

Janice McC 06-08-2017 04:14 PM

That would be darling, Joan. I saw one somewhere years ago with a pack of cats on the shelves with the books. It was wonderful.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7839806)
Molly, my daughter wants one with a cat sitting on a shelf....I keep putting her off! :) Yours looks great!!

mollymunchkin 06-08-2017 04:20 PM

It is for my fellow English/Special Ed teacher friend who was also my carpool partner for a couple of years. We were known to break out in Disney songs without warning. As far as a pattern, I requested a row by row pattern from a shop in Washington state that was a bookshelf, I scoured the internet for anything I could find, and then designed my own. I had been stalling because I wasn't sure what I wanted, but one day, I sat down with graph paper and was finished in less than 30 minutes.
Mrs. Potts is printed from my plain old HP ink jet printer on a piece of white cotton fused to double sided fusible web. I printed it on plain paper, then taped the fused cloth over the picture and re copied it. I colored it with fabric markers and pressed it to set the ink. As easy as pie!

mollymunchkin 06-08-2017 04:22 PM

Thanks for all the nice words. (Should have said that first) My mama would be so disappointed.

Kassaundra 06-08-2017 05:19 PM

Fandom in stitches is always doing a POD, the last one was Harry Potter I believe. They have lots of fandom patterns including Disney.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7839917)
It is for my fellow English/Special Ed teacher friend who was also my carpool partner for a couple of years. We were known to break out in Disney songs without warning. As far as a pattern, I requested a row by row pattern from a shop in Washington state that was a bookshelf, I scoured the internet for anything I could find, and then designed my own. I had been stalling because I wasn't sure what I wanted, but one day, I sat down with graph paper and was finished in less than 30 minutes.
Mrs. Potts is printed from my plain old HP ink jet printer on a piece of white cotton fused to double sided fusible web. I printed it on plain paper, then taped the fused cloth over the picture and re copied it. I colored it with fabric markers and pressed it to set the ink. As easy as pie!

terriamn 06-09-2017 04:05 AM

Yesterday I finished binding the last 2 tops I quilted then a friend asked if I would quilt 4 of her tops for the charity. She will gave batting and backing ready to go and quilts are only 40 by 60. Told her as long as she wasn't in a hurry no problem. Love getting the practice

Driving to a charity retreat close to Omaha Nebraska next Thursday. It's about 6.5 hours away. Will be the furthest I have ever driven by myself and have been told it's a very boring drive. Still looking at it as an adventure �� Might stop at a few quilt shops even though I don't need more fabric to break the trip up