Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-closes-march-30th-noon-t183684.html)

Krystyna 04-27-2012 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford (Post 5173218)
I really think those VERY CUTE & colorful Postage stamp POTHOLDERS should come to my home up here in the PNW corner, that way all you gals in the midwest and south will stop the fussing over who gets to have them LOL!!! TEEHEE :-) obviously they have been a BIG HIT... someone will get them and they will NEVER let them go ! Happy Friday everyone!

Psssst! I think *someone* must have had a wee bit of "fortification" in her morning coffee. She's a little confused.

Quilty-Louise 04-27-2012 04:29 AM

I was going to play referee between krystyna and mscupid over
the pot holders.

But with there being so many wanting them, I was going to keep
a "score" card going. However I see that would be a losing battle
for me to keep up with.

So I am just going to sit back and watch to see WHO will end up
with the PS potholders.

Mary - I don't know if those silicone iron pads work never tried one
before but I will (hopefully this weekend).

buslady 04-27-2012 05:46 AM

WOW, such great packages. This is so much fun. Love reading all the posts and seeing all the creative packages, sure gets me in the mood. Can't wait for the weekend so I can make some stuff just for the packages!

Havplenty 04-27-2012 07:45 AM

catpawski that scissor fob is really nice. if i go back to the lqs quilting class, i definately see the need for one. someone lost her scissors when i went to class this week. after that, i figuretively speaking glued my mundial scissors to me.

i have some lace tatted and hand crocheted things that i purchased from the little old lady i posted about a swap or so ago, the one i almost wanted to bring home. i do plan to gift these to someone in a future swap but right now they are still in my car trunk waiting to be washed. she really did some beautiful work.

louise i see you received a small bottle of best press. i havent seen this in the small "try it" bottles before. i do want to see if i can try it. i am so sensitive to chemicals (especially pressurized sprays) so a small try it size like that would work best for me. i have a few fabrics with some serious wrinkles in them from washing i could use it for. does anyone know where i could purchase such a small size best press?

hmmm.... ps potholders (uh oh i said the words). i have been overwhelmed at the responses regarding these. what was just a little side diversion project for me (using up squares that i wasnt gonna use in my quilts, aka "seconds") has well.... garnered so much interest. some real and some i am sure was in jest and for the sake of conversation.

soooo with that said, i will keep this little diversion project on my radar and make more of them along the way. i only had so many "seconds" squares to use this round for potholders, but as i continue my psq quest i will think in terms of 2 squares for my quilts, one square for potholders(well maybe 100 to 1:thumbup:). as i accumulate the 100 to 130 squares needed for a set of potholders i will make a pair to gift to someone through this swap or a rak. it does take a moment to sew those 1" finished squares together and as i work on my psqs i try working on other small projects to not burn myself out.

with that i want to add, be patient and if you let me know that you really do want a pair, i will get a pair to you. like louise, i couldnt keep score either so i stopped trying.:) but along with all this i say keep in mind the ps potholders are scrap fabric projects. scrap fabrics will be used to make them so there is no color coordination, no blue ones nor yellow ones nor themed ones just scrap fabric ones. some fabrics you may like and some you may not but it is what it is, scraps. it will be with whatever scrap fabrics are at hand. phew glad that's off my chest.:D

ok so it looks like 2 of the 4 on the bench for april are taken care of. 2 more to go.

Krystyna 04-27-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5174164)
i have some lace tatted and hand crocheted things that i purchased from the little old lady i posted about a swap or so ago, the one i almost wanted to bring home. i do plan to gift these to someone in a future swap but right now they are still in my car trunk waiting to be washed. she really did some beautiful work.

​ME ME ME!!! Please! Pick me!You can keep the potholders. :o:o:o

​Ha ha! Beat you to it Cupid!;):p

nikki128 04-27-2012 07:58 AM

HavPlnty- I think you better add all of us to your list for Potholders. See what you started????? They are really great. I don't know how you have the patiece to work with such small pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all the pictures coming in. I must start on my May box. Something tells me this month I will be mailing closer to the deadline. I can't seem to find time lately.

mscupid804 04-27-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5174207)
​ME ME ME!!! Please! Pick me!You can keep the potholders. :o:o:o

​Ha ha! Beat you to it Cupid!;):p

That's OK k, that's not something I want anyways so there!:p

mscupid804 04-27-2012 08:09 AM

As far as the potholders go.....now who was it that I sent SCRAPS to? :confused: I dunno, there were several.....

brenda21 04-27-2012 08:10 AM

Ok, Somehow I seem to be left out of this little cupid/krystyna potholder debate....IF you look at the MAY secret pal page(where Hav also posted pics) I signed up there before EITHER of you!!!

Hav~when you get a chance I really would like one (don't even need two)!

lawsonmugs 04-27-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5174251)
Ok, Somehow I seem to be left out of this little cupid/krystyna potholder debate....IF you look at the MAY secret pal page(where Hav also posted pics) I signed up there before EITHER of you!!!

Hav~when you get a chance I really would like one (don't even need two)!

I also would like to buy one. Any colors.PM with the price so I can get it in the mail. Thanks Mary