Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-ends-3-29-4-00-pm-cst-t217359.html)

Lori Peercy 04-02-2013 03:41 PM

All names have been given out but if FQ Stash Queen sends me her information I can add her into our group. Can someone help her? She was in this for awhile last year or maybe the year before.

sewdamncute 04-02-2013 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5973286)
That would be me, right?

Could be me, but pretty much every state is north of Texas!:)

Lori Peercy 04-02-2013 06:28 PM

There has been alot of questions about the $10 limit. I have been doing this for a few years now it was set at $10 when I took over and the way the prices keep going up I don't pay to much attention to the limit.

queenof2802 04-02-2013 07:55 PM

Got my name!!! Now to get the shopping list together and go shopping this week-end.

Clue #1 Chocolate was not on your list of favorites
Clue #2 You live east of me, but not far
Clue #3 You have dogs

Happy guessing!

starshine 04-02-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ashjoy (Post 5959159)
That's, an idea, ill be on a ship, but I'm sure there is mail. I was hoping to shop there but I don't come back until the 19th.

Ashjoy, you could mail your April sp package before you leave, and while on vacation pick up something to send to the next sp swap in May.

Knitette 04-03-2013 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is for SP No.1. I'm not sure if she'll see it or not as she doesn't post on this thread and not much elsewhere. What she wants the most is 'anything handmade', so I hope she likes this. Her state ends in 'a'. Now, what to fill it with...............
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406016[/ATTACH]

SP No. 2 has the same initial as one of last month's SPs and both of February's. She has twin (?) fur babies. She is very specific in her likes and dislikes. Her favourite colours are opposite to some of those she's looking for :confused:

quiltnut4ever 04-03-2013 03:23 AM

Knitette is that a "baguette" pattern? If it is I've made a few of those but am having a problem sometimes and may think its the needle. If its the pattern what size needle do you use considering it has vinyl?

LindaR 04-03-2013 05:03 AM

this is the closest my SP has ever been...I could probably drive it to her LOL, letting too much out of the bag? Now to get to thinking....

Knitette 04-03-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5974367)
Knitette is that a "baguette" pattern? If it is I've made a few of those but am having a problem sometimes and may think its the needle. If its the pattern what size needle do you use considering it has vinyl?

Yes quiltnut it is - the pattern is Bridget's Bagettes by Atkinson Designs. I used a 14/90 (can't remember which needle system you all use, lol). For the vinyl I increase my stitch length a little as I don't want to 'perforate' it.
This is the first one I've done on my Pfaff (been in the shop - long story) and have to say the built-in walking foot made a big difference. They slipped and stuck a lot on my Janome.

I actually spent more time lining up and cutting out the tartan than I did making the bag :D The weave was 'off' by a good bit!

buslady 04-03-2013 08:36 AM

Missed last month, and I mean the "missed" in many ways. LOL Got my name and actually ordered something for her on line and had it shipped direct to her. I will still put a package togetyher, of course, hope to do that by the weekend. I am gonna get mine out early this month!! If it kills me. LOL Anyway, mine is going east, I think. Don't have a map to make sure. LOL She posts on here pretty regular, which is unusual for me, my partners have been non-posters for the most part in the past. I may have had this person in a swap some time, not sure which swap it was, and I might be wrong. She asked for a specific fabric line and that is why it is being direct shipped. I knew if I went looking, it wouldn't get done on time. Ha, I might have beat myself at my own game here. LOL Linda, since I live in MIchigan, you might be able to drive to my house. I would welcome you with open arms. We could do coffee. Oh, PM me if you want info on the quilt retreat I do in November. Fun Fun Fun. Anyone from Michigan, or anywhere for that matter can PM me if they want information. Several board members attend each year.