Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/autumn-harvest-september-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-august-31st-noon-est-t198337.html)

Krystyna 09-05-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5492542)
OK, gals-today I am off to work on my Sept. quilt for BuzzinBumble! I am designing it myself and each row comes with a prayer that it will fit. I have had row quilts and medallion quilts on the brain the last few weeks and I'm going to try my hand at a miniature one! :thumbup:-it is a mystery even to me!

I can't wait to see it! I am having DQ withdrawal. However I am using up all my solids on an Amish tumbler. I might try to make it reversible. But how to quilt it?

BuzzinBumble 09-05-2012 06:58 AM

Oh that sounds so wonderful jillnjo! Love your thoughts on this & sure can use the prayers! It grows more mysterious each time you drop a hint...LOL

Krystyna I have always wondered how someone would quilt a reversible quilt.

Krystyna 09-05-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5492644)
Krystyna I have always wondered how someone would quilt a reversible quilt.

Me too! I guess I'll find out.

QuilterMomma 09-05-2012 08:48 AM

Skaduzy was so quilt to PM about my DQ that I nearly fell out of my chair wondering where am I. Check out the ufo thread, you know where I have been. My fingers are sore from binding. Learning lots though and doing it much better after ripping two of them.
I am finishing up my last months, yep I am late to tammyb, but she knows and this one will get done cause on my UFO list this month a fall project. Yep, that was easy. off to finish up work and then doing some mroe bindings.

rwquilts 09-05-2012 10:22 AM

MistyMarie and I have pm'd each other and will get crackin on our DQ's! We both love fall so that makes this DQswap month easy, peasy! :)

marytoddliz 09-05-2012 12:05 PM

OK, Wanda Lou it is in the mail! It was supposed to go out yesterday but hubby forgot to go to PO. But today I walked a hand full of squishes to the PO.

I can't even get too mad at him he is making brownies and the smell is so wonderful! He is making gluten free brownies, yum... I am going to work on his projects now! Mending! UGH, but I have to do what I have to do :p... Love those brownies~ and of course it is a rainy drizzly kind of day here, perfect for baking!

happy sewing :o

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-05-2012 07:41 PM

Well girls I havent started my little quilt .... today was the sign in day for the county fair .... had to get my two quilts signed in and helped the quilt girls I love and quilt with weekly put their first time ever quilts in the fair ...boy I hope they get ribbons ..... I have a stack for my quilts and photos but they have none .... I so want them to do good so they will be encouraged to do more and better ..... gosh I love the county fair .... so Sat or Sunday I will start on my little quilt .... have the fabric picked and the pattern decided .... gosh I love this swap .... I need to make some doll quilts for next years fair and keep them ....lol..... I give everything I make away ... well I did keep the two I put in one was a king size I made on a bet that I could make a quilt top in a day and the other is one I made for the back seat of hubbys truck to carry the papillions around on lol ..... have a good night CQRobin

TammyB 09-05-2012 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5482957)
Sounds perfect to me!

Quilty-Louise, you won't be disappointed. JenniePenny and I swapped last month in a mini swap and she was wonderful and made me a great little quilt!

TammyB 09-05-2012 08:45 PM

Hey, just got back from a long weekend! Going to check out my partner, Nana Val. Can't wait!

Krystyna 09-06-2012 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 5494014)
Well girls I havent started my little quilt .... today was the sign in day for the county fair .... had to get my two quilts signed in and helped the quilt girls I love and quilt with weekly put their first time ever quilts in the fair ...boy I hope they get ribbons ..... I have a stack for my quilts and photos but they have none .... I so want them to do good so they will be encouraged to do more and better ..... gosh I love the county fair .... so Sat or Sunday I will start on my little quilt .... have the fabric picked and the pattern decided .... gosh I love this swap .... I need to make some doll quilts for next years fair and keep them ....lol..... I give everything I make away ... well I did keep the two I put in one was a king size I made on a bet that I could make a quilt top in a day and the other is one I made for the back seat of hubbys truck to carry the papillions around on lol ..... have a good night CQRobin

CQR - how exciting! I sure hope that everyone wins. Promise you'll post some pix please?