Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/autumn-harvest-september-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-august-31st-noon-est-t198337.html)

mscupid804 08-26-2012 05:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Paula was right about the quilting, so here's a pic of front & back I did forget to take and post:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357982[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357983[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 08-26-2012 05:11 AM

Wow, step away from the computer for a little while and you girls sure were busy!
Paula and Teresa, so nice to see your smiling faces! Love the stained glass quilt.
50 quilts on one bed? Sounds comfy!

oowee 08-26-2012 07:05 AM

Krystyna I am in for September!!!! Fall is my favorite time of the year!!!!! Nancy in Louisiana's quilt is in a squishy and going to PO Monday!!!! Looking forward to another month of awesome dq's.

sweetwaterquilter 08-26-2012 08:02 AM

Teresa, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. The colors are wonderful and the whole thing just pops. By the way are those sweet little pink slippers on the shelf in the background Krystynas?

Nancy in Louisiana 08-26-2012 08:08 AM

Teresa -- your quilt is awesome!!!! The colors are fantastic!! I never would have thought to use the blue/green for the borders (I probably would have just used dull old black). Your color choices made the quilt so vibrant and striking. OK, I'm jealous.

mscupid804 08-26-2012 12:15 PM

Louisiana folks, ya'll buckle down the hatches too like Fla! Stay safe Nancy!

tesspug 08-26-2012 12:39 PM

I'm in too. I've been collecting fall prints, can't wait to use them.

Nancy in Louisiana 08-26-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5469635)
Louisiana folks, ya'll buckle down the hatches too like Fla! Stay safe Nancy!

Unfortunately we've been thru this drill before. Got water, got gas, got generator, got batteries ... and anything can happen between now and next weekend. Last I heard it was losing strength.

Krystyna 08-26-2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5469812)
Unfortunately we've been thru this drill before. Got water, got gas, got generator, got batteries ... and anything can happen between now and next weekend. Last I heard it was losing strength.

Take another look, Nancy. Not good at Drudge Report and SoCal, buckle up. Looks like an earthquake swarm.

Nancy in Louisiana 08-26-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5469824)
Take another look, Nancy. Not good at Drudge Report and SoCal, buckle up. Looks like an earthquake swarm.

Only 5 percent probability coming this far over -- now New Orleans may get a bit damp again. Weather people and commentators tend to get a little too fired up over these things. The first year we were here they predicted we would be hit with a Category 4 head on. This dumb Yankee taped windows (still don't know why, but everyone else was doing it), doors, huddled furniture away from all windows and skylites, took pictures off the walls ... even pulled up my mailbox from out front (still hearing about that one), and then -- nada, nothing, zip. After awhile you learn to be "prepared" at the start of hurricane season and just be reasonable and pay attention. Now if they say "Evacuate", that's another story. Been there and done that, too.