Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/azaleas-%96-2-month-boom-group-thread-t317342.html)

Janice McC 01-29-2022 04:38 AM

Thanks, SBG and Libster. Now it’s back to Boom blocks. I’ve got my yellow/gold Boom 21 blocks to assemble. I think I’ll make two smaller lap quilts but I need sashing. It’ll be off to the LQS next week.

Libster, we’re getting a dusting of snow for the next hour or so but the roads look fine in the neighborhood. My neighbors just pulled out and went up the little hill with no problem. But man, have we got wind!

Libster 01-29-2022 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8534095)
Thanks, SBG and Libster. Now it’s back to Boom blocks. I’ve got my yellow/gold Boom 21 blocks to assemble. I think I’ll make two smaller lap quilts but I need sashing. It’ll be off to the LQS next week.

Libster, we’re getting a dusting of snow for the next hour or so but the roads look fine in the neighborhood. My neighbors just pulled out and went up the little hill with no problem. But man, have we got wind!

Yes, we've got a dusting here too. the roads look okay and the sun is already out. Some wind, but not as much as they say we'll get later this morning. I plan to stay in today and search for new-to-me block patterns online. Already had my hot chocolate and it was spot on! Stay warm Everybody!

Janice McC 01-29-2022 08:08 AM

Unfortunately, still no word on our wayward package of F8s. Hopefully it will show up early next week.

Macybaby 01-29-2022 05:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm making good progress - got the second set assembled and jumped into the third. I played around with ideas for the setting blocks on paper, and settled on this - wasn't sure what it would look like, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result. Another floppy to the "to be quilted" pile.

The colors are a mid/dark blue with cream for the sashing. My bedroom does not have the best light for photos :)

GramE 01-29-2022 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8534201)
I'm making good progress - got the second set assembled and jumped into the third. I played around with ideas for the setting blocks on paper, and settled on this - wasn't sure what it would look like, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result. Another floppy to the "to be quilted" pile.

The colors are a mid/dark blue with cream for the sashing. My bedroom does not have the best light for photos :)

Gorgeous! Love the sashing.

Libster 01-29-2022 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8534201)

Love the way you set these! This is going to be one beautiful quilt. Well done!

sewbizgirl 01-29-2022 10:17 PM

Gorgeous setting, Macybaby. You don't do anything simply, do you? :)

Janice McC 01-30-2022 05:06 AM

Macybaby, your flimsy is a stunner. All those blocks look perfect with the sashing. Wow!

Janice McC 01-30-2022 05:17 AM

Good morning, Azaleas. 13 degrees here. Brrrr!

Since the final package hasn’t been scanned in 8 days, it’s obviously stuck in transit. I’m going to give it a week to get unstuck so I’m pushing shipping back to next Monday, 2/7. I will extend the deadlines for blocks to accommodate the change. Thanks for understanding!

bibliostone 01-30-2022 05:22 AM

Wow Grame, the quilt you are putting together on post #30 looks wonderful.