Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2017-2018-sign-up-t285320.html)

WMUTeach 03-10-2017 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 7781088)
Okay how about another question........What is your favorite animal??????

Mine is a dog. I know that sounds really boring. But I love dogs because they are so loyal. They stay at your side when you are sick and know when you are sad. I have had only two dogs in my life. One is over the rainbow bridge Whitney, and one is here laying right by my feet while she waits for me to go to bed. Sophie <3

but you know Prairie dogs are pretty cute too!

Ok so what is your favorite animal???

Barb

Post your answer here by Sunday

I am absolutely charmed by kitties. I have not been with out one in my life for a very long time. Some folks feel cats are weird and difficult but I find that each cat has a personality and all, even the stand offish ones, are delightful to watch and get to know. I also like two-year-olds! They are not terrible but they are just so anxious to learn, see and try everything! Love them to bits especially when I can teach them to be gentle with my kitty. One of my bucket list items is to touch a large cat and to hear one purr. Now who is weird? Taa-Daa.....Me!

The puss in my avitar is Scout. Yes, a rescue like many of you folks. She came with the name but To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books she lured me in with big eyes, a generous purr and a perfect name. I limit myself to just one, because I have family members that are seriously allergic to kitty fur.

AnnieQuilts 03-10-2017 05:02 PM

I love cats. They are so smart, and each has their very own personality. I thought I was a dog person until I adopted a cat. I especially like that they are so clean and usually have a dry tongue. :D

barbarakibler23 03-10-2017 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well there are a lot of cat and dog lovers here. Happy to see a few hummingbirds to make it interesting. Hope everyone else checks in with the favorite animal.

Here is a picture of my sweet Sophie. She is all dressed up (notice the pearls and the socks) this picture was taken at my daughters tea party baby shower.

zozee 03-10-2017 07:13 PM

My favorite animal to live with is a dog. Have always had a dog, except in college and when newlywed when living in dorms/apartments as they were forbidden. Loyal, protective, sensitive, smart, funny.

My favorite animal to look at is the horse. Used to ride them when I was growing up. So strong, majestic, gorgeous beasts with soulful eyes.

djmat 03-11-2017 12:04 AM

I would be hard pressed to pick elephant, giraffe, or dolphin.
Without cats now (Amber & Mr Mistoffolees, both feral), miss them so much!
Amedeus (Ah-mee) our Beagle pound pup, well behaved with precious eyes!
The human is the most interesting to me. I like people!
Off to Florida in a few hours (9 days), will check in when & if I can!
hugs,
dj

sunrise450 03-11-2017 06:33 AM

Many thanks to Barb for the BOM she is hosting! I got the first pattern am just about finished with the embroidery. My candie surrounding it is in green. I haven't decided what color way for April. I am going to use the qayg method so that when the bom is finished my quilt will be finished also.
Yesterday afternoon I cut all the white squares and put them aside so that I can use them each month.
In case I haven't told you my favorite animal is dogs. I love them all. I have two Boston Terriers. Sadie and Maggie. Has anyone else finished their blocks? Maybe we can post photos of our finished blocks?

LuciaLPL 03-11-2017 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 7781979)
Many thanks to Barb for the BOM she is hosting! I got the first pattern am just about finished with the embroidery. My candie surrounding it is in green. I haven't decided what color way for April. I am going to use the qayg method so that when the bom is finished my quilt will be finished also.
Yesterday afternoon I cut all the white squares and put them aside so that I can use them each month.
In case I haven't told you my favorite animal is dogs. I love them all. I have two Boston Terriers. Sadie and Maggie. Has anyone else finished their blocks? Maybe we can post photos of our finished blocks?

I like your idea of qayg!

SheriR 03-11-2017 09:48 AM

I JUST finished packaging my candies for 2017. They're all ready to drop in envelopes. I made the card and discovered how NOT-clever I am when I was getting ready to mail mrshalibut's candy. I'll be making envelopes this year too..... BUT...good news!!!... it uses a $.70 stamp. That was my goal. I took Mrshalibut's to the PO yesterday to test my homemade envelope and told the PO lady I wanted to see what it was going to cost. She said, well I can get it to her tomorrow for ..... I told her... "I want it to cost under $1.00..." She put it smoothly through her little envelope slot measuring thing then decided she should try it in another slot card. (hers was actually broken) AND it slid through that one too. YEAH ME!! I bought two sheets of $.70 stamps. Mrshalibut's card is on it's way, and I'm all set for the year.

Now to go through all the posts and answer all the questions and print out the list. Just pencil me in at the bottom!

MizMelly 03-11-2017 09:50 AM

I'm going to wait to work on my block. I'm heading to Florida next week and will be going to a craft & quilting festival (yeah!!), so I will be in search of a multicolored thread for embroidery. It beats changing colors every row!!

Nelco 03-11-2017 10:26 AM

I am a cat person. Between me and my sister we have 5 cats + 2 feral cats. 4 of them are black so we have collars on them so we know who is who. The oldest is around 12 -Angel the others are Luna, Ace (only male) Sheba, Baby cat. The outdoor kitties have been around the apt 10 years but wont let them in.