Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2017-2018-sign-up-t285320.html)

oldcatlady 03-11-2017 03:18 PM

Definitely cats! Hence the name 'oldcatlady' LOL.
I lost my two cats within a year. I got them from the APL and had them for 20 and 21 years. Broke my heart. I waited a few months and went back to the APL to have a look and came home with 3 cats! I knew adult cats were harder to adopt and also black cats. They also had a mother/daughter combo that had to be adopted together and no one was giving them a second look. So I came home with 3 adult black cats. Love them to pieces. Misty, Ashley and Minnie. :)

trish b 03-11-2017 04:53 PM

Mrshalibut I mailed your candies out on Friday. I wanted to get them to you closer to your birthday.

MizMelly 03-12-2017 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning ladies! Well, famous last words. I found the mother load of embroidery threads and went for it last night. Don't look too close at the embroidery, I did a craptastic job on the upper part, but finally got "in the groove" when it came to the birdie. When the muse hit, I just grabbed the first thing I could, which wasn't a very nice muslin that was intended as lining, so it's not as nice as it could be. I'm currently refreshing my embroidery skills and knowledge, so I'll be more than ready for the next round. After I get some nicer fabric for embroidery that is!!
Don't look too close at my less than fantastic embroidery of the rainbow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569772[/ATTACH]

mrshalibut 03-12-2017 08:40 AM

Crispy Frog, I got your candies yesterday in the mail. Thank you! They were fun.

mrshalibut 03-12-2017 08:42 AM

I haven't been on for a day, and look at all the new posts about favorite animals! My favorite is the elephant. Of course, I don't have any. My favorite pets to have because they are easy to take care of and perfect, are cats. I rescue feral kittens and tame them, then find them homes. All of mine came from the wild except Clark. I will figure out how to put him in my avatar!

mrshalibut 03-12-2017 08:49 AM

Did it work?

Nelco 03-12-2017 09:42 AM

mrshalibut. How do you catch your feral cats? I have been feeding 2 of them for about 8 yrs, one will let me pet and hold him. He could be a good kitty if he did not spray all over. The other one has not let me touch or even get more than 2' to it before it runs away. I say it as I do not know the gender of "Fuzzie Kitty"

pinkflowers 03-12-2017 10:51 AM

That's a darling birdie block, MizMelly!

SheriR 03-13-2017 07:25 AM

I printed the mystery block out. I wish I hadn't missed JoAnn's $.25 floss sale. I'd love more selection than I have. I think I'll do my candy borders in color theme too, March =green(St.Pat), April=blue(rain), etc... I'm determined to participate, I told Barb if I don't do a candy project this year, I'm REALLY grounded from swapping next year..... :D

redstilettos 03-13-2017 08:52 AM

Pink: GSD are fabulous! And yours is beautiful to boot! My brother has one and while still in puppy stage...you can see her develop into something pretty cool.

Janice: My daughter has a pit....he's not as cute as yours, though! What a charmer! I could adopt her in a heart-beat. Oh wait....I could say that to all dogs. Okay, maybe not all....but pretty close!

Barbara: I busted out laughing at the socks and pearls. I think I need to do that to mine. She already prances around with bows in her hair (not my idea, son's gf is a dog groomer and does it for me), but I think the socks would be a fab finish ;)

I am waiting to hear back from a job negotiation...so if that happens, I am not sure I'll have time to finish this particular BOM.....but don't count me out just yet!