Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2017-2018-sign-up-t285320.html)

jaba 03-13-2017 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to wait until I get back to Wyoming for the BOM project. No floss here but a whole set of DMC threads there. I've been using up some of my candies and decided to make this little "rainbow", need to put a white border on it and then it's ready to pack and go home for quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]569839[/ATTACH]

MizMelly 03-13-2017 10:12 AM

Gorgeous quilt, Jaba!

redstilettos 03-13-2017 10:14 AM

Oh that quilt is super, Jaba!

Rosemary Attaway 03-13-2017 10:56 AM

love cats! But we have a basset hound,Ellie Mae who we love dearly.She is the most loving,gentle and patient dog ever. We got her when she was 5 months old,now 6 years.Hope she lives a long time.

travelinggramma 03-13-2017 12:48 PM

absolutely gorgeous - lovely - beautiful

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7783507)
I have to wait until I get back to Wyoming for the BOM project. No floss here but a whole set of DMC threads there. I've been using up some of my candies and decided to make this little "rainbow", need to put a white border on it and then it's ready to pack and go home for quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]569839[/ATTACH]

jaba 03-13-2017 12:53 PM

Thank you ladies, it was fun to make. Hindsight, I should have planned better and made the stars go horizontal and done every other color.....but I didn't :) Perhaps another one in the future....

oldcatlady 03-13-2017 03:03 PM

mrshalibut, I dropped your candies off at the post office tonight. Should go out tomorrow. :)
Jaba, that is a fantastic quilt! Says Easter to me. LOL

mrshalibut 03-13-2017 03:30 PM

It was a great day for candies! I got four packs! Thank you to gaijin, Anoka Quilter, Trishb, and Rosemary Attaway! I can start to see a quilt taking shape, in my head at least.

mrshalibut 03-13-2017 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 7782787)
mrshalibut. How do you catch your feral cats? I have been feeding 2 of them for about 8 yrs, one will let me pet and hold him. He could be a good kitty if he did not spray all over. The other one has not let me touch or even get more than 2' to it before it runs away. I say it as I do not know the gender of "Fuzzie Kitty"

Nelco, depending on how much info you need, we should pm! However, the short version is, adults are caught in a trap that you can usually borrow from a Humane Society. Then, there is usually a feral cat spay/neuter program that will neuter and give all shots for about $40.00 total. They must go back to where they were caught. The vet will clip the kitty's ear, so everyone will know not to catch them again! Yours are too old to tame and adopt out. I usually catch kittens after 5 weeks but before about 10 weeks. Otherwise, they'll most likely never be good pets (will always be scared, may always spray.) Good luck and bless you for feeding them. They need us. : )

WMUTeach 03-14-2017 11:09 AM

Like the little white stars in the middle of some blocks. They make the quilt just a little more interesting!