Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

MizMelly 11-24-2018 01:04 PM

Hi all!
December B-day cards have started to arrive!!
Armylady2012 - 11/24
Have4boys - 11/24

oldcatlady 11-24-2018 01:05 PM

Happy Birthday Lstew2212! I hope you have a great day!

I got my mail today and was surprised to see a fat envelope in there. I completely forgot to start expecting birthday candies!!! LOL. What a fun surprise. :)

Thank you Armylady2012 :)

barbarakibler23 11-24-2018 07:07 PM

Happy Birthday Lstew2212.....hope you are having a great birthday! I have you waiting on one more birthday package please let me know if that is correct.
<:)Barb

barbarakibler23 11-24-2018 07:09 PM

Givio.....love your squares that you are making with your candies. What are your plans with the squares? how many do you plan to make?

Looking forward to seeing a finished product.

Barb

barbarakibler23 11-24-2018 07:15 PM

Took my dog Sophie to the vet's yesterday. They did X-rays and an ultrasound and found that she has a tumor in her abdomen that is taking all the space and crowding her intestines and stomach. She is 13 years old and don't feel that she would make it through surgery. they told us to take her home and enjoy her.

The hardest part is deciding when the right time to let her go is. Don't want her to suffer but don't want to let her go too soon.

Say a prayer of peace for us ...
Thanks Barb

MizMelly 11-25-2018 06:04 AM

So sorry to hear, Barb. I've been there. More than once. All I can say is that you'll know when it's time.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 8166207)
Took my dog Sophie to the vet's yesterday. They did X-rays and an ultrasound and found that she has a tumor in her abdomen that is taking all the space and crowding her intestines and stomach. She is 13 years old and don't feel that she would make it through surgery. they told us to take her home and enjoy her.

The hardest part is deciding when the right time to let her go is. Don't want her to suffer but don't want to let her go too soon.

Say a prayer of peace for us ...
Thanks Barb

pinkflowers 11-25-2018 06:22 AM

Oh, Barb. That is sad news. We had to make that same choice several years ago for our sweet Charlie. He was 13 when we let him go. Praying you may have peace.

sunrise450 11-25-2018 11:27 AM

Lstew2212, Happy Bithday! I you enjoy yourself on your special day.

happylab 11-25-2018 08:26 PM

I hope you had a fabulous birthday Lstew2212. Yea, yea, yea, happy birthday!!!!🎈

Lstew2212 11-26-2018 03:30 AM

Thank you ladies for all the Birthday wishes and the birthday candies.

I went home to Georgia for Thanksgiving and I opened all my cards while there. My family thought all my cards and this swap were great and now want quilts made from all my candies.

I had a lovely visit with my family, laughed and cried alot as this was the first holiday without my dad. He loved having all the family together. Thanksgiving and Christmas were his favorite.

My family gave me a surprise birthday party, Harry Potter Themed, while I was there. My neices and nephew were dresses in their Hogwarts robes. The floating candles were hung as well as the keys from the first Movie. I am a big Harry Potter Fan. I even got Harry Potter themed gifts. My sister baked me a birthday cake just like the one Hagrid gave harry the first time they met. It was really cool. I have the best family.

While we were gone, my 2 1/2 year old fur baby started showing blood in her urine. We have to go to the vet this morning. Pray that all is ok and it is just a minor infection.

Thanks again for the candies and wishes for my birthday, you ladies are the best.