Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

givio 02-05-2018 06:46 PM

Fascinating tutorials. :-) Creativity never ceases.

SheriR 02-06-2018 08:46 AM

How many swappers do we officially have?:D

Crispy_Frog 02-06-2018 11:32 AM

Hello to all the Newbies and Oldies! This will be my 3rd year. Nothing compares to birthday month when you are in this swap. It is so much fun!

What makes it so much fun? Is it locating the fabric? Cutting the fabric? Lovingly planning and preparing the envelopes? Or maybe it is knowing that you will be buried in envelopes that you carefully open, one-by-one? And maybe it is all the daydreams that come with looking at the posted pictures of mountains of candies that will also one day be yours....thinking of all the possibilities.

trish b 02-06-2018 03:37 PM

Crispy_Frog I agree with you. On thing to remember, The very sticky plastic frays the candies when being opened, most others are fine.

travelinggramma 02-06-2018 03:51 PM

Hello everyone! I went to Walmart and purchased my card stock paper which I print on and fold in half. It fits perfectly into their A9 size envelopes (5.75 x 8.75) I can get 6 piles of candies in there and it remains nice and thin,
Anyway – my dear mother is watching me. I had to remind her of all the squishy birthday envelopes that went thru her mail box last year and that I need to reciprocate and mail these wonderful ladies a birthday card filled with them. She asks how many in each envelope. I tell her 50 but I usually put in 55 in case I miscount, mis-cut, or just for a bonus. She then asks if you all count them when you get them!!! I know I sure don’t!!

WMUTeach 02-06-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7998173)
Hello everyone! I went to Walmart and purchased my card stock paper which I print on and fold in half. It fits perfectly into their A9 size envelopes (5.75 x 8.75) I can get 6 piles of candies in there and it remains nice and thin,
Anyway – my dear mother is watching me. I had to remind her of all the squishy birthday envelopes that went thru her mail box last year and that I need to reciprocate and mail these wonderful ladies a birthday card filled with them. She asks how many in each envelope. I tell her 50 but I usually put in 55 in case I miscount, mis-cut, or just for a bonus. She then asks if you all count them when you get them!!! I know I sure don’t!!

:D No!...... goodness, no I do not count what is in the packages I receive. I really get far to involved in the colors, prints and some times general silliness of this whole thing. If I am short a square or two, who knows. I have plenty from previous years and my own cuts from projects to finish projects.

Crispy_Frog 02-07-2018 10:34 AM

I liked the look of the fabric wrapped in the sticky plastic wrap and thought of buying some, except, trishb is right, the sticky stuff is hard to take off the fabric. I've lost several charms that way.

I throw in extra charms because I don't trust my counting, my cutting or my ability to distinguish the duplicates.

Lstew2212 02-07-2018 04:15 PM

I never count mine either, But I also don't trust my self and put in a couple extra. I have 5 packages packed and ready to go right now. I'm so excited.

Jane Quilter 02-07-2018 05:08 PM

I dont count in coming, but I double count going out. I would never embarrass anyone if a card was short a charm or two.

Faintly Artistic 02-07-2018 08:13 PM

Well, y'all...we have had 3 offers on our house, some very low. We Raised the price (to include paying off the solar sytem) and got a full price offer within a couple of days! Making an offer in the morning on a nice house with a good sewing area for me:) and hope to be moving mid-March. Will make sure and mail out candies in time for everyone during this time.