Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-16-overachievers-2-month-group-t276350.html)

Billi 03-14-2016 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy news ladies My Boom 14 top is complete yahooooooo!

That bugger came out to 113X125 she's all folded up with the backing and waiting to be shipped to the LA. I wasn't able to take a picture because it's too big for my design wall once I get it back I'll get my daughter and her BF here to help Mr Bill hold it up for for a photo secession.

Unfortunately the boot quilt won't be done by time the F8's arrive :( I'm still hoping to have it done before I see her in May but I'm not confident that is going to happen but I'll give it my best shot.

This is my WIP and I'm pretty pleased with it so far I just found my fabric for the sashing and binding and still adjusting the boot's positioning but I'm almost positive I don't need any more boots. [ATTACH=CONFIG]544780[/ATTACH]

I'll just have to keep on this while I work on my boom 16 blocks.

Billi 03-14-2016 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 7493426)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544755[/ATTACH]

This was another favorite...the biker chick... (we ride a Goldwing too). Kass your babies are sure cute. Love the big ole Rooster that I saw too.

Moon love the chicken quilt it's adorable some of those blocks are hysterical and the biker chick is awesome.

Janice McC 03-14-2016 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I need one of those biker chick blocks since I'm a biker chick, too! I'll have to try something like that in the future.

The sort has started and already there's been a little glitch. This time it's a package for this group. When I logged it in, it had 16 F8s, the right amount for someone doubling up. Welllll....I counted, and recounted, and recounted today. Only 15. And of course, this is the next to last package and I've been feeling good that all was working out correctly. So I check the floor, the area where I opened packages, I checked I hadn't given somebody an extra...nope. I walked away and went back. Nope. It had not magically appeared. Now if there is anything I've learned, it's not to panic because this has happened before. So finally, I recheck the floor and there it is, just barely out of sight under the bed I'm sorting on, completely blending in with the rug. Oh, for heavens sake. So, sigh of relief, all is well. Just waiting for the last package to come and OA will be all set to seal up.

I've attached a pic of my fabric. My plan, like Billi's, was to get some more blocks for a quilt top from a previous boom. When I looked for the fabric, I found only a quarter yard. One quarter yard for 10 people. WTFudge? Anyway, I rummaged through my stash and found an ugly grey (below right) but not enough for everyone so 8 will get it and the remaining two boomers will receive the b/w prints.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544784[/ATTACH]
I have found that you all can make magic out of thin air so I'm trusting that you can turn the ugly grey and white into something beautiful, or at least something less ugly. You can do anything you want with the grey and white one. Have at it! The two who get the black and white print, please use another b/w print to give good contrast or please use a combination of black, white (wow preferred) and b/w prints. Just please no plain old solid black or solid white only. Hope this doesn't hog tie you too much. If anyone has any questions, please pm or email me. Thank you!

The dogs want to play so I'd better oblige so they won't hassle me for a little while this afternoon while continue working on (playing with) your fabrics.

Annaquilts 03-14-2016 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7493882)
I need one of those biker chick blocks since I'm a biker chick, too! I'll have to try something like that in the future.

The sort has started and already there's been a little glitch. This time it's a package for this group. When I logged it in, it had 16 F8s, the right amount for someone doubling up. Welllll....I counted, and recounted, and recounted today. Only 15. And of course, this is the next to last package and I've been feeling good that all was working out correctly. So I check the floor, the area where I opened packages, I checked I hadn't given somebody an extra...nope. I walked away and went back. Nope. It had not magically appeared. Now if there is anything I've learned, it's not to panic because this has happened before. So finally, I recheck the floor and there it is, just barely out of sight under the bed I'm sorting on, completely blending in with the rug. Oh, for heavens sake. So, sigh of relief, all is well. Just waiting for the last package to come and OA will be all set to seal up.

I've attached a pic of my fabric. My plan, like Billi's, was to get some more blocks for a quilt top from a previous boom. When I looked for the fabric, I found only a quarter yard. One quarter yard for 10 people. WTFudge? Anyway, I rummaged through my stash and found an ugly grey (below right) but not enough for everyone so 8 will get it and the remaining two boomers will receive the b/w prints.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544784[/ATTACH]
I have found that you all can make magic out of thin air so I'm trusting that you can turn the ugly grey and white into something beautiful, or at least something less ugly. You can do anything you want with the grey and white one. Have at it! The two who get the black and white print, please use another b/w print to give good contrast or please use a combination of black, white (wow preferred) and b/w prints. Just please no plain old solid black or solid white only. Hope this doesn't hog tie you too much. If anyone has any questions, please pm or email me. Thank you!

The dogs want to play so I'd better oblige so they won't hassle me for a little while this afternoon while continue working on (playing with) your fabrics.

Just send me the grey. I went and bought some more bright stuff. Did you say you were hunkering for orange? I am so devoid of black and white prints I wouldn't know what to do with the first two Fat Quarters..

Billi 03-14-2016 12:32 PM

I would like ugly NOT ugly gray too you know me I have a plethora of brights the hard part will be choosing one.

QuilterMomma 03-14-2016 03:59 PM

I was in that Funky Chicken Swap Moonrise and you have a couple of my blocks!

Billi, you crack me up. Keep it up!

Janice McC 03-14-2016 04:24 PM

Can do. I haven't a clue where the grey came from but it definitely looks less ugly in F8s than it does in a whole yard. Thank goodness for small favors.

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7494142)
I would like ugly NOT ugly gray too you know me I have a plethora of brights the hard part will be choosing one.

terriamn 03-14-2016 05:27 PM

Billi love your boot top

Heading home tomorrow, Mom has UTI and her blood pressure was 80/50, she is on antibiotics and as infection clears her brain should be less foggy. They aren't going to panic on her blood pressure yet. It's been a very interesting week and I will be glad to get home

Janice McC 03-15-2016 08:44 AM

OK, has anyone rec'd their tracking # yet from USPS.com? A few won't as they went with stamps and I've got to send those tracking numbers to each person individually.

So, yes, they go out today!!! Most of you will have them on Thursday. :) Happy, happy, joy, joy

jaba 03-15-2016 09:24 AM

Got it this morning, thank you Janice. I think this Boom is a record, all mailed in and reached you on time plus shipping a day early...Yahoo!!