Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-16-overachievers-2-month-group-t276350.html)

joanelizbay 03-15-2016 09:35 AM

LOVE the boots!! Are they all fabric pieces or did you applique them on? 70 here today in Missouri...NO winter to speak of but frost maybe Sunday...it could still snow yet...fingers crossed!! :)

QuilterMomma 03-15-2016 10:55 AM

Received my tracking number.

Janice McC 03-15-2016 12:23 PM

Yes you could say that because I gave everyone less time to get them to me. About 2 was instead of three. Everyone was fabulous getting them in so quickly. Take a bow boomers!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7494978)
Got it this morning, thank you Janice. I think this Boom is a record, all mailed in and reached you on time plus shipping a day early...Yahoo!!

Janice McC 03-15-2016 12:25 PM

FYI, I cheated, I couldn't take the pressure of having all those pretty fabrics here. They sang to me...Janice, Janice! Three blocks done. Hahahaha!

terriamn 03-15-2016 12:43 PM

Wow Janice you are fast way to go.

arrived home a little bit ago. Mom's cat passed away very un expectantly. She hadn't been eating, tests didn't reveal anything. Sis took kitty in to vet yesterday for the second time that week and they gave her some liquids and a pill to increase her appetite. The night aid was fantastic with Mom, can't say enough good about these hard working young folks. She not only sat and talked with Mom and held her hand she even offered to take care of the burial. But Mom insisted they call my sister at 5 in the morning to go get the cat. Think my sis is more upset then my Mom. Will probably try to drive back up there sometime next week depending on how Mom handles everything. Will bring my sewing machine and sew in the evenings when not with Mom.

Janice McC 03-15-2016 01:03 PM

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom's kitty. You are being a very good daughter under trying circumstances. Hugs...

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7495094)
Wow Janice you are fast way to go.

arrived home a little bit ago. Mom's cat passed away very un expectantly. She hadn't been eating, tests didn't reveal anything. Sis took kitty in to vet yesterday for the second time that week and they gave her some liquids and a pill to increase her appetite. The night aid was fantastic with Mom, can't say enough good about these hard working young folks. She not only sat and talked with Mom and held her hand she even offered to take care of the burial. But Mom insisted they call my sister at 5 in the morning to go get the cat. Think my sis is more upset then my Mom. Will probably try to drive back up there sometime next week depending on how Mom handles everything. Will bring my sewing machine and sew in the evenings when not with Mom.

Billi 03-15-2016 01:25 PM

Terri: Thanks and I'm sorry poor Mom loosing her kitty when it rains it pours.

Joan: Thank you the boots are appliquéd down, they were a lot of fun to make

Janice: Got my tracking number and yahoo lets see some pics.

Yesterday I cleaned up my work room and worked on the boot quilt holy hell why did I think it was a good idea to take a throw size pattern make it queen size, add in some panel pieces that don't match the dimensions of any of the original blocks it's making my crazy trying to get the rows the same size without having oversized area's were all the sashing meets.

Some days I completely overestimate my abilities. :shock:

Also I wasn't thinking about joining the chicken block swap if it happens but apparently my subconsciouis begs to differ I have pinned a ridiculous number of chicken and chicken related quilt blocks in the last week. hahahaha

Janice McC 03-15-2016 01:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7495131)
...Some days I completely overestimate my abilities. :shock:

Don't we all! It's worse though to underestimate them. Overestimating them makes us stretch. Under and we atrophy. Drat, that sounds preachy. Don't mean it that way, it's just that a light bulb has really started burning for me on this topic.

I've done yours, Libster's and Joan's. And I'm absolutely in love with Joan's fabric. LOVE in capital letters. Wait until you see the colors! I was never much of an "orange gal" but my attitude about it is rapidly changing. Pix soon.

Edited to add:

Oops, Billi, I have to retake yours. It's way too dark. Tomorrow I'll retake it.

Joan's is a QC Beacon Lights Variation with values reversed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544910[/ATTACH]

Libster's: I don't know this one's name. just found a pic of this online and sketched it out. The brown in the center is a wonderful match for the sample. I promise!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544912[/ATTACH]

Libster 03-15-2016 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7495148)
Don't we all! It's worse though to underestimate them. Overestimating them makes us stretch. Under and we atrophy. Drat, that sounds preachy. Don't mean it that way, it's just that a light bulb has really started burning for me on this topic.

I've done yours, Libster's and Joan's. And I'm absolutely in love with Joan's fabric. LOVE in capital letters. Wait until you see the colors! I was never much of an "orange gal" but my attitude about it is rapidly changing. Pix soon.

Edited to add:

Oops, Billi, I have to retake yours. It's way too dark. Tomorrow I'll retake it.

Joan's is a QC Beacon Lights Variation with values reversed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544910[/ATTACH]

Libster's: I don't know this one's name. just found a pic of this online and sketched it out. The brown in the center is a wonderful match for the sample. I promise!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544912[/ATTACH]

Oh, I love, love, love it! Exactly what I had in mind. You done good, Girl! You know how I love stars.
Forgot to say that I got my tracking number.

Kassaundra 03-15-2016 02:08 PM

Terri, loss of a pet is so traumatic, best wishes for your mom and sister.

Billi, those boot blocks are a kick! lol (yes I went there) and I've saved a few chicken block pics this week too.

Janice great blocks, and I like the pic of Joan's fabric too, the fabric in blue on the last swap was pretty it will be nice to "play" w/ it in orange too.