Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

marija 07-14-2017 03:47 PM

Great blocks sewbiz, reminds me of the boot quilt I made. Kass what a beautiful block. Hope your feeling better.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7863463)
Oh my gosh, Kass... that is beautiful! Love the way you spiraled the colors.

I've bought patterns and fabric to make myself dresses too Kass, and am likewise frustrated with the fat issue. It's hard to make clothes for myself that I actually like.

I've been building Pony Club blocks today... I bought the book used online and just LOVE the stories about all the kids who won ponies by selling magazine subscriptions in 1915. I started collecting and pulling the 'right' fabrics from stash and have made the first 6 blocks in the book. Wanna see?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576433[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576434[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576436[/ATTACH]

These are 8" finished blocks.

Libster 07-14-2017 05:14 PM

Sewbiz, some of them did come from the Patchwork site. Their patterns are so easy to follow.

Edited to add-if someone makes me the same blocks from those patterns, it will be okay. Whatever you make will look different anyway because you'll use different fabrics.

klaws 07-15-2017 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the block I made from my stripe fabric. I can't wait to see what everyone makes. This is going to be a bright quilt and I love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576566[/ATTACH]

bootsy 07-15-2017 11:24 AM

Blue quilt

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7863961)
Here's what I've been doing this morning. These are for my SIL's quilt. I'm going to make it with 30 blocks, so I've made the extras already. These I sandwiched and machine stitched in the ditch. I'm trying to get a jump start on Christmas.

OMG How pretty is that. I love blues and you have captured it prefectly

Kassaundra 07-15-2017 12:05 PM

Great blocks Libster, I like those color combos. Klaws playing w/ stripes is so much fun!

terriamn 07-15-2017 02:16 PM

Oh darn Klaws that was the block I was going to make you. Haha just kidding great block.

Libster great blocks. Way to jump ahead of the game

annt59 07-15-2017 05:31 PM

Libster, beautiful blue paisley blocks. Did you applique those hearts on your avatar?

Libster 07-15-2017 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by annt59 (Post 7864594)
Libster, beautiful blue paisley blocks. Did you applique those hearts on your avatar?

I did applique them on by machine with a light fusible.

Thanks, Everyone, for the compliments on my blocks. I think the simpler blocks look more masculine. I can't wait to see what y'all make for me.

Klaws, I love your striped block! I've been looking for a good pattern for stripes and I think I've found one.

Janice McC 07-16-2017 09:13 AM

Klaws, this fabric is even prettier in person. :) It's quite vibrant! Nice choice.

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 7864390)
This is the block I made from my stripe fabric. I can't wait to see what everyone makes. This is going to be a bright quilt and I love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576566[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 07-16-2017 09:18 AM

These are "beautious", as my sister used to say. :) I'll add them to the gallery when it goes online so everyone can easily see what you've already made for yourself.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7863961)
Here's what I've been doing this morning. These are for my SIL's quilt. I'm going to make it with 30 blocks, so I've made the extras already. These I sandwiched and machine stitched in the ditch. I'm trying to get a jump start on Christmas.