Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

Bluelady 01-18-2018 08:59 AM

Oh Kassaundra, that block is way cool!! Excellent fabric choices to make the block sing

Bluelady 01-18-2018 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7985269)

Also, two of the three remaining packages are currently scheduled to arrive today. We’ll see. We had no mail delivery yesterday and while the heavily travelled roads are pretty clear, neighborhood roads are still icy. School is closed again because of them. We’ll see.

My package shows out for delivery today in the USPS tracking tool.. crossing fingers that it gets there!

QuilterMomma 01-18-2018 09:10 AM

OMG Bluelady, my SIL lives in the same place you do. Hello over there on the west side.

Janice McC 01-18-2018 11:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Old Man Winter, I've been stitching instead of twiddling my thumbs waiting for packages that should have arrived days ago. So, although this is kind of cheating, I've got five blocks done for Hummingbird but one is "iffy" so I may change a color I used. I hope you all like the blocks. It's been a while since I made some for other people. I really enjoyed it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587277[/ATTACH]
For Cheesehead. I loved your fabric. Both the pink and the green match the fabric color very well. It's hot off the sewing machine. Pardon the poor lighting as it made the fabrics all a bit florescent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587278[/ATTACH]
For NanaKathy55. If I named blocks, I'd call this one "flowers in the sidewalk". The grey I used fabric reminds me of concrete and it's a wonderful match to NK's fabric. It's an Aunt Dinah block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587279[/ATTACH]
For QuilterMomma QM, the center color is a deep red print with a little black and gold, and the other fabric is a deep brown and blue print. I believe these colors are what you are looking for. This is a terrible picture. I need to retake this photo to show how pretty it really is. Your neutral is lovely, btw.

And the final one to show is for Sewbizgirl.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587280[/ATTACH]
Although that center looks pretty darn bright, it isn't nearly as much as it appears. (More poor lighting so I used a flash.) Both colors I used fell in nicely with the color samples you sent. I hope you like it. It was the first one I made this round.

I'm going to go ahead and open the gallery up now. Libster's blocks for herself are in there along with these and Kass's for Givio.

Libster 01-18-2018 11:53 AM

Janice, you definitely have not lost your touch. Beautiful blocks!

Cheesehead 01-18-2018 01:14 PM

Oh wow Janice, that block you made for me is amazing and I just love it! All of the blocks you created today are wonderful!

Jan

hav4boys 01-18-2018 01:27 PM

Very nice! I cannot wait!

sewbizgirl 01-18-2018 01:44 PM

I love my block, Janice! Thank you so much. All four of them are so pretty.

Janice McC 01-18-2018 02:24 PM

I cannot believe this day has come. All F8s for Hummingbird are now in. I'm going to package them all up and ship the F8s to those of you who are only in this group as soon as I can. Those of you in Quail as well will have to wait a bit longer as one package remains somewhere but not yet here. This weather!!!!

Bibliostone
Bluelady
Bootsy
Cheesehead
Givio
Hav4Boys
Jaba
Janice McC

Joanelizbay
Libster
LJDugas

MonaG
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

Janice McC 01-18-2018 02:29 PM

I'm happy you like it, Jan. :)

Although I'd like to claim I stitched them all today, my nose would begin growing and growing. I'm a s-l-o-w piecer. "Measure 37 times, cut once" is my motto. No, I stitched them over a few days. But thanks for the vote of confidence that I could do four in one day!

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7985478)
Oh wow Janice, that block you made for me is amazing and I just love it! All of the blocks you created today are wonderful!

Jan