Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Kassaundra 03-17-2019 06:56 PM

So many awesome blocks today, especially those two for Annie.

JayneW 03-17-2019 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8226177)
JayneW... I love that ribbon figure 8 block you have made a few times... where the 4 figure 8s encircle the center square. Would you mind sharing where the pattern comes from?

Thanks Sewbiz! I saw the picture on facebook and just made up a pattern. The problem is that since there are 10 units across, I had to use some crazy math/measurements to make it work out. It would be much easier as a 10" or 15" block, but I was determined to make it. I can send you my scribblings if you would like.

mjpEncinitas 03-17-2019 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A block for have4boys. Our cruisin quilters shop hop had a dress pattern that works for her theme. The black fabric is sparkly fairy frost fabric. Oops there’s a few stray threads on it. Since that’s the fourth time I took the picture just pretend they’re not there please.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610466[/ATTACH]

Darcyshannon 03-17-2019 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8227036)
A block for have4boys. Our cruisin quilters shop hop had a dress pattern that works for her theme. The black fabric is sparkly fairy frost fabric. Oops there’s a few stray threads on it. Since that’s the fourth time I took the picture just pretend they’re not there please.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610466[/ATTACH]

Yes, I stayed up late tonight. MJP this is so perfect for the fabric theme. Yea, for getting from LQS.

Darcyshannon 03-17-2019 11:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
MJP, let me say it again, that dress is perfect with the fabric! What stray threads?

Ok, blame the early spring day, new things growing in my garden, the fresh breeze and the silly dog running circles in the grass but something definitely has given me spring fever and it resulted in this for Christine. She said “crazier the better” so I went with it. It is called “Where the Wild Things Grow.”

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610468[/ATTACH] This filter may show the contrast better. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610469[/ATTACH]

Tomorrow, we are headed to Cannon Beach, so I wanted to get one more finished today.

Darcyshannon 03-18-2019 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8226776)
One more block this weekend. This is Bibliostone’s. I thought of this simple pattern a month ago but put off making it thinking it was too simple. Ultimately, I gave in to what the fabric was telling me. I like it a lot. Hope you are pleased Bibliostone.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610434[/ATTACH]

This block design with the contrasting colors show off the focus fabric. Simple blocks are often very effective, especially with bold prints. I guess I am partial because I like using this pattern myself.

TheMerkleFamily 03-18-2019 03:56 AM

Wow! DarcyShannon your block "Where the Wild Things Grow" is super cool! The kind of block that has you looking at it over and over seeing something else - love your creativity - thank you!

MJP - great block for H4Bs!

NanaKathy55 03-18-2019 04:14 AM

Ladies what great blocks..love the jam jars

Kassaundra 03-18-2019 05:46 AM

Mjp and Darcy, awesome blocks, that dress is perfection, and wild thing growing is so creative.

Janice McC 03-18-2019 06:09 AM

mjp, this is a perfect star! Congratulations! (I'm recording all TBBTs and will binge watch the entire season after the finale. All good things must end but I'm sure it's run it's course. But oh, the laughs it's given me. :) )

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8226457)
An Ohio star For nanakathy . Of course it took me many tries to get this right but I was watching The Big Bang while making it. There’s a lot of laughs sewn into this block. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610419[/ATTACH]