Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

GramE 03-18-2019 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8227376)
I've been working on a new to me technique. I decided to give freezer paper fpp a try. I have to say it is awesome, I don't think I will ever go back to ripping the paper. This block has 32 pieced triangles, 16 left side and 16 right side (2 triangles make a 3.5 inch square) I was able to make all 32 triangles from 2 paper patterns one for each side. I included fussy cutting w/ fpp, the fussy placement isn't perfect and many of my points are "off" but the over all look is good I think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610489[/ATTACH]

beautiful block, Kass. I have trouble with the fabric stretching when I press the paper so I try to drop the iron onto the paper before moving it. Your blocks look great and i’d Be ecstatic with a finished block like yours! I love freezer paper!

GramE 03-18-2019 05:19 PM

Janice, I’m available whenever you say go! I’m homesick. I’m only hand sewing, I need a reason to get back to the machine. ❤️

Kassaundra 03-18-2019 05:21 PM

Whoo Hoo excited that GramE will be back w/ us sewing again.

vikkim 03-18-2019 06:14 PM

Beautiful block Kass! I'm curious about the difference in using freezer paper.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8227376)
I've been working on a new to me technique. I decided to give freezer paper fpp a try. I have to say it is awesome, I don't think I will ever go back to ripping the paper. This block has 32 pieced triangles, 16 left side and 16 right side (2 triangles make a 3.5 inch square) I was able to make all 32 triangles from 2 paper patterns one for each side. I included fussy cutting w/ fpp, the fussy placement isn't perfect and many of my points are "off" but the over all look is good I think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610489[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 03-18-2019 06:21 PM

With freezer paper you don't sew through the paper, you use the iron to temporarily adhere the paper to the fabric, you fold the paper back on the sew lines and sew only the fabric then replace the paper re press it in place and move on to the next sew line. You can reuse the paper pattern many times. I re used these ones 16 times.

Originally Posted by vikkim (Post 8227521)
Beautiful block Kass! I'm curious about the difference in using freezer paper.

Janice McC 03-19-2019 04:28 AM

GramE, it’s premature but I’m saying it anyway, Welcome to Boom 23! Lol

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8227480)
Janice, I’m available whenever you say go! I’m homesick. I’m only hand sewing, I need a reason to get back to the machine. ❤️

Janice McC 03-19-2019 04:50 AM

Libster, love the fabric you added to TG’s Dried Apple Pie block. Great name. Pretty block.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8227293)
Here's my last two blocks for Boom 22. First one is for TravelingGramma. I'm calling it Dried Apple Pie.
Second one is for Hav4boys.
Janice, a June start date works for me.

TheMerkleFamily 03-19-2019 05:27 AM

Janice - Your new avatar pic immediately caught my attention - such a gorgeous spring daffodil!

Libster 03-19-2019 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8227623)
Libster, love the fabric you added to TG’s Dried Apple Pie block. Great name. Pretty block.

I don't know how I lucked out on that one, but it did match pretty good, didn't it? I love your avatar pic too.

terriamn 03-19-2019 06:16 AM

Yahoo great to hear you will be back for the next boom GramE.

All the blocks are so wonderful I can’t wait to see them in person

only 6 nights left till surgery