Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Janice McC 01-30-2019 07:54 AM

Heads up...

Reminder for "oldies" and a heads up for "newbies". Please do not use all cap words in your posts. The QB admin considers it rude. Please use your editing tools above (B-bold, I- italics and U-Underline) for emphasis. If you use all caps, your posts may be altered or deleted. Thanks!

edited to add: you have 20 minutes once you post to alter it. After that, it cannot be changed by you.

terriamn 01-30-2019 08:09 AM

Oh boy can’t wait to use Kluge in scrabble. My dd will throw a fit

klaws 01-30-2019 08:13 AM

We have the sub-zero temps here in Ohio also but not quite as bad as some. Right now it is -4 with a windchill of -30. Y'all know what I'll be doing...staying warm and sewing. But, the temp on Monday is supposed to be 50. What the heck is going on with this crazy weather? Yesterday I told the ladies at the Hospice thrift store where I volunteer that I am going back to Florida! Only kidding. :) Now that I live only 5 minutes from my brother and about 8 minutes from my son, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Anyone who is experiencing this brutal weather, please stay inside and stay warm. It's even harder on us older ones than it used to be. Old Arthur is not being nice to my hands today.

mjpEncinitas 01-30-2019 09:22 AM

We have 61 degrees here. I wish I could share that with you.

My husband and I had a discussion about kluge. I like his definition. Anything with duck tape is usually a kluge. I’ve done a lot of , what I call quilting kluges. Making two pieces fit together by adding a little on to one piece etc. sometimes my kluge is better than the original.

PamelaOry 01-30-2019 09:30 AM

My husband is king kluge. He’s an engineer too and loves to solve problems and save money. I should make him a duct tape crown.

terriamn 01-30-2019 10:54 AM

Ladies I braved the cold to see surgeon today. Surgery date is March 4.

mjpEncinitas 01-30-2019 11:33 AM

Good luck Terriamn. I hope the surgery goes well

Cheesehead 01-30-2019 11:46 AM

Terri, getting that news was worth going out in the brutal cold weather.

AnnieQuilts 01-30-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8202565)
Ladies I braved the cold to see surgeon today. Surgery date is March 4.

Terri, will be thinking good thoughts for you.

Winter finally came to Michigan this week. There are lots of spruce trees in the yard and today they look like a Christmas card. It's warmed up to 6, but I'm not going out until tomorrow when some fabric I ordered should arrive.

travelinggramma 01-30-2019 03:01 PM

Terri - keep us posted. Will be great to have this surgery done so you can get healthier.
Weather outside is mid 50's. Although it goes down to freezing most winter nights, it rises up during the day. When we moved to AZ we left all snow shovels in NY!
I have a top I have sandwiched and attempted to quilt - and just took all the stitching out since the back was a mess. I have to spray it as the backing is lightweight and I hate (dislike immensely) to sandwich and quilt. So bring on the F8 so I can do blocks and QAYG!