Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Lstew2212 01-30-2019 07:04 PM

I got my package in the mail before the deep freeze. And Boy its cold here. Right now its -6. I wish I didn't have to venture out in the morning, but I have to go to work. By Sunday, it's supposed to be 52.

Ladies, Stay Safe and warm.

JayneW 01-30-2019 07:18 PM

I'm not sure how, but Southern Wyoming somehow has escaped the polar vortex, I've been in those temperatures and it is just miserable. Stay warm and safe everyone.

And thank you all for the new word - kluge. As a high school teacher, I pretty much feel my entire career has been a kluge!

vikkim 01-30-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8202534)
My husband is king kluge. He’s an engineer too and loves to solve problems and save money. I should make him a duct tape crown.

I have some jewels you can use! :D "kluge" I just found a ner Scrabble word :o

vikkim 01-30-2019 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8202503)
Oh boy can’t wait to use Kluge in scrabble. My dd will throw a fit

That was my thought too, Terri!

Janice McC 01-31-2019 03:15 AM

Good morning, Laters! Just an update, we've got a couple of packages that have been on their way for a couple of days and should arrive today or tomorrow. We may be out of the worst of the weather-related delays so that's a good thing. At this point, all but one person have shipped so we're in fine shape. They aren't due until February 7th so there's time yet for everything to arrive. I anticipate shipping to you on time or even possibly early if the last package comes in early. We'll see!

Kassaundra 01-31-2019 04:28 AM

I wonder if Words with Friends will accept it

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8202503)
Oh boy can’t wait to use Kluge in scrabble. My dd will throw a fit

mjpEncinitas 01-31-2019 08:38 AM

DH just informed me that there is an alternate spelling too. Kludge or kluge. Should help with scrabble or words with friends.

Janice McC 01-31-2019 11:35 AM

Oops, how did this happen?

2 Attachment(s)
I couldn’t help myself! They called to me, even over the hammering going on all around me...

For Libster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607672[/ATTACH]
Pretty fabric, Libster. The peach batik seems to work very well with it. The white has a leaf pattern on it.

And for Klaws
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607673[/ATTACH]
Klaws, I made a cutting error on one of the small grey squares so I pieced it together. I hope it will disappear during quilting.

The pix were taken in bright sunlight. The seams are casting shadows. Both really are smoother than they appear.

Hope these will work for each of you. :)

Libster 01-31-2019 11:52 AM

Janice, I love my block! Thank you! Some of these will be for Kora Lee, my great-granddaughter's baby quilt. That batik is perfect with that fabric.

Janice McC 01-31-2019 12:04 PM

You are most welcome. I really enjoyed making it for you. :)

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8203234)
Janice, I love my block! Thank you! Some of these will be for Kora Lee, my great-granddaughter's baby quilt. That batik is perfect with that fabric.