Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

bibliostone 04-22-2019 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hav4boys, thanks for my beautiful star. I love the mottled blue you used.

The block on show today is for Darcyshannon and I admit I chose it solely for its name since it will go into a boys quilt.
Block = Little Boy Britches

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611927[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 04-22-2019 06:44 AM

It’s froggy camo! Well, maybe it’s not supposed to be camo but that’s what it reminds me of. Love it, Bibliostone!

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 8243654)
Hav4boys, thanks for my beautiful star. I love the mottled blue you used.

The block on show today is for Darcyshannon and I admit I chose it solely for its name since it will go into a boys quilt.
Block = Little Boy Britches

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611927[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 04-22-2019 07:12 AM

Oh that is so cool, I saw the "camo" but didn't notice it was frogs until you said something.

I made a britches block for my Underground Railroad quilt.

I just printed one of my Zuni images on paper, and it worked out great, now I need to try and print it out on fabric. If it all goes right each person will get one Zuni image included w/ the terra cotta F8. I am hoping to have a different Zuni image for each boomer w/o any duplicates.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8243661)
It’s froggy camo! Well, maybe it’s not supposed to be camo but that’s what it reminds me of. Love it, Bibliostone!

terriamn 04-22-2019 09:45 AM

Biblistone love your fragile block, will be great for her boy quilt

Kass you are undertaking another big and exciting task. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Had my one month check up. Thirty four pounds down from pre op check up and 14 pounds since surgery. A little over a half pound a day. Best of all no nasty side effects. Also only need 2 protein drinks a day and can start real food. It needs to be soft or shredded with a fork. For lunch I had some tuna and deviled egg mixed together. Delicious after no real food for 6 weeks.

Libster 04-22-2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8243765)
Biblistone love your fragile block, will be great for her boy quilt

Kass you are undertaking another big and exciting task. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Had my one month check up. Thirty four pounds down from pre op check up and 14 pounds since surgery. A little over a half pound a day. Best of all no nasty side effects. Also only need 2 protein drinks a day and can start real food. It needs to be soft or shredded with a fork. For lunch I had some tuna and deviled egg mixed together. Delicious after no real food for 6 weeks.

Bibliostone, I love that block too. Well done!

Terri, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I know anything solid after so long has to taste good! Way to go, Friend, dropping that weight!

Kass, I can't wait to see what you come up with for us to work with next Boom.

Janice, any chance of some blocks being made for a wedding quilt???? Nosy, I mean, inquiring minds and all that, you know! lol

sewbizgirl 04-22-2019 10:28 AM

Congrats, Terri! It must already feel great to lose 34 lbs. Don't I wish...

Janice, seems like you have grandbabies on your horizon too!

My little granddaughter's cousin was born the day before Easter. Now there are three baby girls to see and hold when I go to Memphis. So blessed!

Janice McC 04-23-2019 05:27 AM

Kass and SBG, no chickens being counted before they hatch, at least not by me. He was married for a couple of years but that never seemed quite right. They divorced and since he's had a number of GFs (I met a couple who definitely weren't right for him), but honestly, this gal seems like she'd be a wonderful partner and she seems nice and genuine. They're clearly head over heels and he's moving from KS to NC to be with her. He believes he's about to be offered a position with a company in NC so he'll probably have a job to start shortly after his move in a few weeks. It's still such a new relationship, they're both moving fast, so I'm cautiously optimistic. However, I know she wants children and it's the first time I've really seen grands as a possibility. Who knows? I'm just waiting patiently. I know, I know...me saying little is hard to believe but it's the truth.

Terriamn, I'm so glad you are feeling better and able to begin eating normal foods, more or less. This is great news! :)

sewbizgirl 04-23-2019 08:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Exciting, Janice.... but all that is definitely on their timetable, and not ours. :o

"Good things come to those who wait"!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611979[/ATTACH]
Millie (as the Pope), 2 months old

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611980[/ATTACH]
Ivy, 3 weeks old

Janice McC 04-23-2019 08:28 AM

Oops, meant Libster and SBG....

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8244091)
Kass and SBG, no chickens being counted... :)

klaws 04-23-2019 08:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sewbiz, Millie and Ivy are just too adorable!!!
Terri, so glad to hear that you are coming along really good. Congratulations on the weight loss!
Janice, good luck to your son. When he moves, at least he will be closer to you.
I've finished 3 more blocks. I only have 5 more to go. I should be ready to mail by next week.

This first one is for Kass. It's called Perfect Petals #700 in the 1000 Block Book. I wanted the leaves to go in the same direction as the petals. I messed up the first time so that is why I needed an extra piece. I hope you like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611981[/ATTACH]

This one is for Terriamn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611982[/ATTACH]

This one is for Darcyshannon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611983[/ATTACH]

I hope everyone likes their blocks.