Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Janice McC 02-02-2019 05:16 AM

Libster, you are the queen of stars! Most of the time I keep that in mind when I make yours, not always, though. :). I agree about pressing. Like you, I press after every seam. I tend to sew my seams a little too scant so I must check them and adjust when necessary to get proper size. Now I also weight each set of pieces I press with an old metal cookie tin filled with flaxseed. It cools them fast and sets the seam well. It only adds a few minutes to each block. While the pieces are cooling, I’m prepping something else.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8204018)
It was probably me. I love making star blocks. Stars and antique blocks are my favorites. Most of them are not complicated as long as you sew a consistent 1/4" seam and press after sewing each seam. IMHO, pressing each seam as I go makes all the difference in the way my blocks look and measure up.

Janice McC 02-02-2019 05:24 AM

That’s what we want to hear! Positive news. So Terriamn, we’ll look forward to your first marathon!

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8204029)
Thanks Annie it's good to hear positive feedback

QUOTE=AnnieQuilts;8203952]Terri, this morning I sort of stumbled over a TV show where a woman was having vertical sleeve surgery. I was glad to see she did very well and later ran a marathon. Hope it works as well for you.

[/QUOTE]

vikkim 02-02-2019 06:01 AM

Annie,
Yes, visited several times. I was born there though was raised in Nevada . I have family in southern and northern MI. Headed there this summer for a family reunion in Hillman.

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts (Post 8203946)
West Michigan - Grand Rapids

Have you ever been here? Where are your friends?

Libster 02-02-2019 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more I made for myself today. Using my scraps up.

bibliostone 02-02-2019 02:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I've enjoyed seeing the early blocks. During this time, I have been finishing up some quilt tops.

These balloons are from boom 20.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607801[/ATTACH]

Sugar skulls from boom 21: I could not find the brighter pink that I planned to use. Not real happy with what I chose, but it is done now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607802[/ATTACH]

My t-shirt quilt for which I have been collecting zoo t-shirts for some time. We enjoy visiting zoos around the country.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607803[/ATTACH]

And finally, my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from a couple of years ago. It is smaller than she made so have I lots of pieces left over. Since I changed some of colors, I called it Sunset en Provence. Trying to decide if I should add a purple border, or just use a purple for binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607804[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 02-02-2019 02:35 PM

Bibliostone those are great quilts. I’ve never seen a T-shirt quilt with so many great T-shirts.
Oh libster I think I’ve been sending you modern applique blocks. You’ve given me a good excuse to make a star block! I’ll remember to press often, which I usually do anyway.

Libster 02-02-2019 04:12 PM

Bibliostone, I remember the hot air balloons! I see my block. All of your quilts look great. I think a purple binding would look great on that last one.

Libster 02-02-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8204372)
Bibliostone those are great quilts. I’ve never seen a T-shirt quilt with so many great T-shirts.
Oh libster I think I’ve been sending you modern applique blocks. You’ve given me a good excuse to make a star block! I’ll remember to press often, which I usually do anyway.

MJP, I love what you've been sending me! I can make stars, but I can't make your kind of applique. I'm happy with anything you send me.

JayneW 02-02-2019 05:20 PM

Great job Bibilo - I especially like the hot air balloon quilt. The blocks look like they are just floating, like hot air balloons!

terriamn 02-02-2019 05:39 PM

Wow with spotty internet haven’t been able to connect much. Sure glad I was able to see all the great blocks and Biblistones quilts. Love them all

Marathons ha ha ha maybe someday a 5 k but no marathons

Very hot here having to make sure I drink enough water to keep hydrated. Everyday there has been a fantastic breeze