Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

zozee 02-25-2019 04:35 PM

Ksaaundra, my jaw just hit the floor! That block is glorious! How on earth do you come up with these incredible designs?

Darcyshannon 02-25-2019 04:38 PM

It is snowing here. I hope everyone is staying warm. Working on several blocks and will post soon. Kind of feeling mute as a response to hearing about Joan.

TheMerkleFamily 02-25-2019 05:10 PM

Yes, I agree with Zozee!

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8216337)
Ksaaundra, my jaw just hit the floor! That block is glorious! How on earth do you come up with these incredible designs?

AnnieQuilts 02-25-2019 05:33 PM

I only knew Joan through Boom 20; she will be missed and dearly remembered.

Jaba, all your blocks are wonderful and you're a speed-demon too LOL! I especially like mine. It's exactly the look I wanted. Thank you!

sewbizgirl 02-25-2019 05:33 PM

The blocks are just amazing, ladies! Wonderful eye candy for today.

My gut feeling about giving Joan's family a quilt is this: Joan said more than once that she had So. Many. Quilts. She was running out of room to store them. That being the case, I'm sure her family had all they wanted of quilts that Joan made herself. I agree they should be asked, but think they will probably tell us to donate a quilt.

I've been going through old posts and old Booms, looking at the many beautiful blocks Joan made for us all. Reading her posts, she sounds full of life and plans to be with us forever. How quickly things can change! Hug your loved ones all you can!

hav4boys 02-25-2019 06:25 PM

Wow... Kass... that is amazing and beautiful. The quilts for Shriner's are going to be awesome.

GramE 02-25-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8216320)
H4B, when I first saw your fabric and your intended quilt I knew exactly what fabric I was going to pair with it. I added more bling to your fabric's bling, all the black is sparkly. I camouflaged the girly objects, but hopefully the sacrifice was worth it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609250[/ATTACH]

Kass is like a magician, always something special up her sleeve that no one expected! Dazzling! It looks like a tiara.

mjpEncinitas 02-25-2019 07:50 PM

Jaba, you really are a speedy quilter. Beautiful blocks. I love mine. The fussy cutting really showed off the fabric.

Another fantastic lock Kassaundra. I love the design and fabric you chose to go with it.

Kassaundra 02-25-2019 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the compliments ladies. I do enjoy the design process, it is my favorite part of quilting.

vikkim 02-25-2019 09:12 PM

Wow! Beautiful blocks posted today!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 8216264)
terriamn, I know what you mean! Seems as though it always turns out to be a waiting game with doctors, don't think they realize how hard it is on the patient sometimes but guess they are trying to be as through as they can too.
Love the block, perfect in my quilt, thank you and glad you like the one I made for you Karen.
My heart feels very heavy today with the loss of Joan. Had a hard time sewing and yet it felt appropriate. We all lost a wonderful lady today with this news! I would be happy to make a quilt for her husband or kids but I don't know him well enough to inquire if this would be appreciated. Joan and I chatted a bunch but it was usually about quilting and such. Janice, do you have an opinion on this? as far as I know her daughter does not quilt but I may be wrong.
My final block posts ladies, they are done. Hope they will work for you.
mjp- The Letter X [ATTACH=CONFIG]609222[/ATTACH]TheMerkleFamily- The Gem Block[ATTACH=CONFIG]609223[/ATTACH]AnnieQuilts- Gem Block[ATTACH=CONFIG]609224[/ATTACH]Kass- Grandmother's Favorite[ATTACH=CONFIG]609225[/ATTACH]Darcyshannon- 4-4 Time[ATTACH=CONFIG]609226[/ATTACH]and finally Bibliostone- Fireflies[ATTACH=CONFIG]609227[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8216320)
H4B, when I first saw your fabric and your intended quilt I knew exactly what fabric I was going to pair with it. I added more bling to your fabric's bling, all the black is sparkly. I camouflaged the girly objects, but hopefully the sacrifice was worth it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609250[/ATTACH]