Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

mjpEncinitas 02-27-2019 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I added a border around two sides of Darcy’s block for the boys cuddle quilt. I like it much better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609419[/ATTACH]

vikkim 02-27-2019 07:10 PM

Boys are going to love this!

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8217359)
Two blocks today, both Dutchman’s puzzle

for Terri

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609412[/ATTACH]

For Kass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609413[/ATTACH]

Sorry your fabric isn’t all pointing the same way, I didn’t realize it until I already had the pieces cut and by then it was too late so I tried to randomize it, every which way. I have so much to learn!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8217261)
I wasn't going to sew today, but my plans got cold rain cancelled.

Pamela, your fabric reminds me of a spring morning. I wanted to make something that was reminiscent of a spring sunrise. When my Gma died I got her small stash of fabric, she wasn't a quilter so didn't have much quilting cotton and we didn't have the same taste in fabric at all, but this one piece of fabric was my favorite. It was perfect (I think) for the sunrise look. (no worries I still have more)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609399[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8217007)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609390[/ATTACH]
‘For Libster, I hope this will work in your baby quilt.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8216320)
H4B, when I first saw your fabric and your intended quilt I knew exactly what fabric I was going to pair with it. I added more bling to your fabric's bling, all the black is sparkly. I camouflaged the girly objects, but hopefully the sacrifice was worth it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609250[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8217504)
I added a border around two sides of Darcy’s block for the boys cuddle quilt. I like it much better.

vikkim 02-27-2019 07:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are for HAV4boys.. I ended up with a bit of scrap so made a bonus block. I hope you like them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]609425[/ATTACH]

If you are in both the Sooner and Later group, let me know and I'll send the bonus block separately.
Vikki

terriamn 02-27-2019 07:29 PM

MJP great block for Darcy Shannon

Love mine, it’s totally you. Incredible

Darcyshannon 02-27-2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8217504)

This is adorable. I am sure that the boy who gets this will like it. The side borders are nice.

Also Terriamn’s block is so cute.

Darcyshannon 02-27-2019 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8217431)
When I saw Janice's teddy bears I knew I wanted to do something 3D cube w/ it, but didn't know what. I've been thinking about it for a while when I came up w/ using the new pattern I drew up and have been playing w/ this boom (well one of the patterns anyway). The only change to the hexie / star blocks is the amount of different colors and placement of them and the solid point. (and I did make this one a tiny bit smaller for more background, but couldn't go much smaller and have enough background fabric to make all the bears orient)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609415[/ATTACH]

This is so adorable. I like the effect of the stripy fabric.

Darcyshannon 02-27-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8217359)
Two blocks today, both Dutchman’s puzzle

for Terri

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609412[/ATTACH]

For Kass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609413[/ATTACH]

Sorry your fabric isn’t all pointing the same way, I didn’t realize it until I already had the pieces cut and by then it was too late so I tried to randomize it, every which way. I have so much to learn!

Great color choices. Also, like Kass said they are just blowing around.

JayneW 02-27-2019 07:52 PM

MJP, I Love the Hawaiian block and the lizards! The Hawaiian one is up there with elf feet! Its so nice having you back.

Everyone, I think these are the most inspired blocks of all the booms I've been in. It is one of my favorite parts of the day to see all the amazing blocks!

Darcyshannon 02-27-2019 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8213380)
I made this the other day for Darcyshannon. I seldom name blocks but I'll call this one, "A Cautionary Tale". This ended up looking nothing at all like the planned block due to a one quarter inch mis-cut that left me unable to pull it off. Anyway, I like it. Hope you will too, Darcyshannon. Your fabric is so pretty. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608835[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this block. It will look perfect. I like how you made “preserves” from mis-cut fruit. Haha!

JayneW 02-27-2019 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block for today, for LStew

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609426[/ATTACH]