Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Kassaundra 02-27-2019 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't going to sew today, but my plans got cold rain cancelled.

Pamela, your fabric reminds me of a spring morning. I wanted to make something that was reminiscent of a spring sunrise. When my Gma died I got her small stash of fabric, she wasn't a quilter so didn't have much quilting cotton and we didn't have the same taste in fabric at all, but this one piece of fabric was my favorite. It was perfect (I think) for the sunrise look. (no worries I still have more)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609399[/ATTACH]

PamelaOry 02-27-2019 11:09 AM

I love it Kass! Extra special that it has your grandmas fabric in it.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8217261)
I wasn't going to sew today, but my plans got cold rain cancelled.

Pamela, your fabric reminds me of a spring morning. I wanted to make something that was reminiscent of a spring sunrise. When my Gma died I got her small stash of fabric, she wasn't a quilter so didn't have much quilting cotton and we didn't have the same taste in fabric at all, but this one piece of fabric was my favorite. It was perfect (I think) for the sunrise look. (no worries I still have more)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609399[/ATTACH]

TheMerkleFamily 02-27-2019 11:12 AM

Another fabulous block, Kassaundra! Truly gorgeous - and the sentimental fabric makes it super special.

With Pamela's beautiful focus fabric I'm expecting 19 spectacular blocks for her - plus extras :)

terriamn 02-27-2019 11:35 AM

Beautiful Spring sunrise Kass

Darcyshannon 02-27-2019 02:52 PM

Kass, that is perfect fabric. Such a pretty block and it will be such an adorable quilt.

PamelaOry 02-27-2019 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two blocks today, both Dutchman’s puzzle

for Terri

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609412[/ATTACH]

For Kass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609413[/ATTACH]

Sorry your fabric isn’t all pointing the same way, I didn’t realize it until I already had the pieces cut and by then it was too late so I tried to randomize it, every which way. I have so much to learn!

Kassaundra 02-27-2019 03:21 PM

The green and grey are perfect, looks great, thanks. The leaves are just blowing in the wind, they are in the middle of a pinwheel after all!

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8217359)
Two blocks today, both Dutchman’s puzzle

for Terri

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609412[/ATTACH]

For Kass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609413[/ATTACH]

Sorry your fabric isn’t all pointing the same way, I didn’t realize it until I already had the pieces cut and by then it was too late so I tried to randomize it, every which way. I have so much to learn!

Kassaundra 02-27-2019 03:30 PM

I'm playing w/ teddy bears today, what goes w/ teddy bears??????? I don't know maybe building blocks?

Janice McC 02-27-2019 03:36 PM

Kassaundra, PamelaOr and TravellingGramma, terrific blocks! Pam, great job on all those geese. Kass, love that you shared a piece of your special fabric. TG, pretty blocks! I especially love your star for Klaws. Fine work everyone!

Janice McC 02-27-2019 03:37 PM

Ooooh! I’m sure building blocks and teddies definitely go together!!!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8217377)
I'm playing w/ teddy bears today, what goes w/ teddy bears??????? I don't know maybe building blocks?