Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Cheesehead 03-05-2019 12:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For DarcyShannon[ATTACH=CONFIG]609785[/ATTACH]

For NanaKathy[ATTACH=CONFIG]609786[/ATTACH]

terriamn 03-05-2019 12:59 PM

Janice I thank you for all you do. Ladies I was in a swap that was so poorly run it made me cry. Went in knowing the rules but someone would say I think we should do this instead or what if we all did this. Host kept changing the rules and we received an assortment of miss mashed blocks. Also i’m Not very well organized so appreciate organized people

Cheesehead 03-05-2019 01:01 PM

Hav4, he looks so alert already, that's a darling picture of the boys together! Glad your daughter in law has been released and is back home with her family.

zozee 03-05-2019 01:39 PM

I appreciate your leadership as a swap host ,,Janice. I sign up based on the rules as well as the content and deadlines. You can’t be a pushover when people are counting on you to uphold the standards set in the beginning. Things will always happen and grace is needed in unforeseeable circumstances, but I like being part of a group who play by the rules and don’t badger the host to change things to accommodate their preferences. I like how you say from the outset, “if you don’t like such and such, this might not be the swap for you.”

Having said that, I need to go make another Sooner block;).

Janice McC 03-05-2019 01:44 PM

Mjp, and everyone, no one here is a burden! Didn’t mean to imply that at all. If I didn’t love the Booms, I wouldn’t be doing it. You can bank on that. It’s just that I burn out toward the end of each one. That final sort stresses me. I sooo don’t want to mess it up. Ask my husband. I’m usually planning the next one within a couple of weeks. :). So please never hesitate to contact me about anything!

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8220623)
Frankly the 100 hours doesn’t surprise me at all, especially with Joan’s death. I can’t imagine how much time it would take if you weren’t so organized and didn’t have a good system in place. Every time I email you privately I cringe because I know I’m adding to your burden.

We appreciate you Janice.

terriamn 03-05-2019 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For the Merklefamily, giving me permission to go Wild is like letting someone with a sweet tooth loose in a candy store

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609789[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 03-05-2019 03:35 PM

Terri, that block is awesome!!!

travelinggramma 03-05-2019 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my - I skip a few days and there are pages of great posts - and my favorites are those two boys - they are so darling. Oh and yes, the quilt block work is awesome also.
I have been in a funk - nothing is going together like it should.
JayneW block should have been so easy - but I couldn't seem to sew a straight line and it ended up short. Its perfectly 12.5" now! I love the optical illusions in this block - and hope it goes with your stained glass look.

TheMerkleFamily 03-05-2019 05:16 PM

Oh my Terriamn! You can go wild on my fabric any time you'd like - I love it! Thank you so much :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8220810)
For the Merklefamily, giving me permission to go Wild is like letting someone with a sweet tooth loose in a candy store

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609789[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 03-05-2019 06:56 PM

Going wild looks good on you Terri. Tg great Jayne block. Looks very complicated. It is a good optical illusion.