Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

mjpEncinitas 03-05-2019 09:33 AM

Frankly the 100 hours doesn’t surprise me at all, especially with Joan’s death. I can’t imagine how much time it would take if you weren’t so organized and didn’t have a good system in place. Every time I email you privately I cringe because I know I’m adding to your burden.

We appreciate you Janice.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8220608)
As for the next Booms, I don’t know. I’m planning at least one more this year. When is always dependent upon how the previous boom goes and my schedule. Honestly, I just don’t know yet. There’s so much time involved, I usually need a nice break between. I’m nearing the 100 hour mark on this one and that only counts my admin work, no stitching or posts as a swapper. Yes, I do keep track! Lol. To tell you and everyone the truth, when the blocks leave here for their return home, I invariably tell my husband, “I’m never doing that again! I’m done!” The last two times I told him that, he just laughed at me and reminded me I say it every time. But there will be a Boom 23 barring anything unforeseen, just don’t know exactly when.

sewbizgirl 03-05-2019 09:36 AM

That is a striking block, Terri! Love her pink batik!

mjpEncinitas 03-05-2019 09:40 AM

Gorgeous grandchildren have4boys. I hope mom is doing well also.

Terriamn I’ve been thinking of you too. I work with people who have had similar surgeries to what you are getting. I’m looking forward to hearing about your health improvements a few months from now.

hav4boys 03-05-2019 09:43 AM

SBG, they bought that one. I am working on a buffalo quilt that has a Native American feel. That is what they chose for his nursery theme. Hyde's was foxes which were much easier to find.

hav4boys 03-05-2019 09:44 AM

My DIL is doing much better and got to come home last night. The second blood transfusion did the job. She tarted contracting which helped with the bleeding. So glad to be over that bump.

Libster 03-05-2019 10:56 AM

Hav4, the grandsons are beautiful! Sure am glad to hear that your DIL is better and at home. I know she's more content there.

Gosh, Janice, I knew you put a lot of time in for us, but I had no idea it was that much. My pitiful little hostess gift doesn't even come close to thanking you for your efforts on our part. Please, just know how much we all appreciate you.

NZquilter 03-05-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8220636)
My DIL is doing much better and got to come home last night. The second blood transfusion did the job. She tarted contracting which helped with the bleeding. So glad to be over that bump.

Yay! An answer to prayers! You two grandsons are soooo cute! I love the older brother's proud smile. :)

klaws 03-05-2019 11:21 AM

Love the picture of the grandsons! They are so adorable. I know you are a proud grandma.
Now that I got the wall handing swap out of the way, I can concentrate on sewing more blocks.
I am totally amazed at the talent in this great group of women. I am humbled to be included.

PamelaOry 03-05-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8220681)
Gosh, Janice, I knew you put a lot of time in for us, but I had no idea it was that much. My pitiful little hostess gift doesn't even come close to thanking you for your efforts on our part. Please, just know how much we all appreciate you.

Ditto this!

bibliostone 03-05-2019 12:50 PM

This is a fantastic block! Thank you for all the work that went into it. My firecracker blocks are just a crackin!

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8220221)
Here is a LeMoyne Liberty Star block for Bibliostone. This is my third pieced block for this boom. It took a long time to make this one. I used Marti Mitchell perfect patchwork system volume 3. I hope you like it Bibliostone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609727[/ATTACH]