Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

Janice McC 03-06-2019 06:57 AM

That’s a good tip. I’ll try it. I think my major mistake was cutting a bit too large the original square for the light QSTs. I then had to adjust them. Two sets were on target but one I took off a bit too much and the other not enough. I just had to keep playing with it to make it work out as well as possible. I’ll make another one for myself soon to fine tune my sizes. Oh, well. Huge learning experience and that’s not a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8221029)
When I have a tough match like that I use a little bit of elmer's stick glue. I line up my two pieces like they are to be sewn, hold a straight edge usually any handy ruler, on the sew line of the seam, open them enough so I can see if they match or not, and when they do I put a tiny dab of the stick glue in the seam allowance (then set it w/ a hot iron). I do that in a couple of key matching points the length of the seam. That way nothing shifts w/ pinning or no pin distortion

mjpEncinitas 03-06-2019 07:06 AM

MJP, I cannot for the life of me see the problem; it's a beautiful block. Are you going to send this one or make a different one?

Im going to send this one. It’s definitely usable. . I think Im just being paranoid. I do have an idea for a second one, using a Tula Pinks city blocks pattern. Kaffe and Tula seem like an interesting combo. I noticed Mrs. Merkle is not in both booms so I might do that one too.

i love my modern block Darcy. I love all the colors you chose to go with it. No galloping horse needed for this one. It’s going to be a fabulous quilt.

apologoes Bibliostone. I really love your fluorescent block,

klaws 03-06-2019 08:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally have some blocks to share. The first one is for have4boys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609847[/ATTACH]

This one is for Cheesehead.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609848[/ATTACH]

This one is also for Cheesehead. I know you are in both groups so if this is a problem, I can mail it to you separate. I just couldn't resist using the purple piece that you included.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609849[/ATTACH]

klaws 03-06-2019 08:26 AM

Those pictures came out huge. Sorry if they are too big for you Janice to add. I will make the next ones smaller.
Also, the first picture for Cheesehead is a little blurry.

Cheesehead 03-06-2019 08:33 AM

Oh Karen those blocks are gorgeous, thank you!

Cheesehead 03-06-2019 09:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Card Trick for LStew[ATTACH=CONFIG]609854[/ATTACH]

Ohio Star for MarciaLee[ATTACH=CONFIG]609855[/ATTACH]

terriamn 03-06-2019 10:45 AM

Wow wow look at all the gorgeous blocks. They are all so pretty.

Hope to make at least one block today but have already accomplished more then I have in a month this morning. Went to Growth group and did some grocery shopping. Will probably nap this afternoon.

TheMerkleFamily 03-06-2019 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8221076)
Im going to send this one. It’s definitely usable. .

MJP it's not only usable it's gorgeous just as it is! I love it and please don't think you need to make another block at all. I'm delighted with what you've made!

So many lovely blocks here by everyone - always so enjoyable to sign-in and see the block party parade.

Stay warm all - it's a chilly one here today!

Christine

Darcyshannon 03-06-2019 12:38 PM

Such pretty blocks to ogle at while I try to stay warm on this icy cold day.

PamelaOry 03-06-2019 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finish for today is for Lstew2212, diamond star. This is one of my favorite blocks, I hope you like it. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609863[/ATTACH]