Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22, 3 month group - Later (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.html)

hav4boys 03-06-2019 03:55 PM

Great blocks. I love seeing what everyone is making.

sewbizgirl 03-06-2019 04:23 PM

More awesome blocks! You ladies have been sewing today... Lot of color going on over here!

bibliostone 03-06-2019 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all, thanks for all the nice comments. This is my block for Lstew2212. It is similar to the one posted by PamelaOry, but is called Squares and Stars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609873[/ATTACH]

AnnieQuilts 03-06-2019 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for JayneW

PamelaOry 03-06-2019 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bibliostone and Annie, great blocks! I have one more for tonight. For Mjpencinitas, called freehand:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609875[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 03-06-2019 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bstone your block looks great

AnnieQ such a pretty little flower perfect choice for the yellow fabric.

Pamela great fussy cutting.

I also finished Jayne's block today. I hope my concept shows in the block, but I'm not going to put you on the spot to ID it. It is the first part of the fibonacci sequence, and mirror imaged.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609876[/ATTACH]

marcialee 03-06-2019 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8220298)
I've been sewing all this cold day. I have Marcia's block finished. I also pieced a fussy cut center for me, not for this boom quilt though, after I fussy cut NanaK's centers this morning, that fabric had some very sparse edges (holey) since it is one of my favorite fussy cutting fabrics, so I wanted to smooth the edges a little before putting it back, so I made this from the in between pieces, it doesn't have a back yet still trying to decide on the backing fabric.

Here is Marcia's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609731[/ATTACH]

And here is the center I made for me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609732[/ATTACH]

That is a awesome block. Thanks Kass

marcialee 03-06-2019 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by vikkim (Post 8219949)
I just love coming to the board to see all of he beautiful blocks. I'm honored and humbled to be among such artists! I finished a couple of blocks this week. One for Darcyshannon and one for Marualee.

A big shout out to to PamelaOry for all her help this weekend! Sorry about the shadows on your picture Darcyshannon. Your beautiful white fabric is still bright :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609688[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]609689[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the nice block Vikkim

marcialee 03-06-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8221003)
My apologies to NanaKathy. I posted your block NK but don't think I acknowledged it. Thank you!

Here's my block for Marcialee. It's an Aunt Eliza's star. The rows on this one are put together on the diagonal, always a challenge for me. Well...no exception this time as I almost went super nova on this one. Had to baste it together repeatedly to get it right. It would have been better (easier!) had I not attempted to keep the corners going in the same direction. Finally, I gave up on the quarter square triangles and just went with it. And, I must admit, it does not come up to exactly 12 1/2 inches square but it's as close as I could reasonably get after many tries. It's pretty darn close. Here she is, Aunt Eliza's star aka Janice's Super Nova:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609808[/ATTACH]

Edited to add: Marcialee, your fabric held up extremely well to repeated stitchings and frogging. I loved it and wouldn't have been able to fix it as well as i did had you not chosen a sturdy (and pretty!) fabric. Thank you!!!

Thank you Janice, it is a wonderful block

marcialee 03-06-2019 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8221165)
Card Trick for LStew[ATTACH=CONFIG]609854[/ATTACH]

Ohio Star for MarciaLee[ATTACH=CONFIG]609855[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the ohio star...love stars