Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-sign-ups-open-through-january-18-a-t301989.html)

Janice McC 01-11-2019 02:55 PM

I figured you’d go for it, Terriamn! Thanks. :) I’ll try to see nobody gets dup’s if I can help it.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8190931)
Kass the curves are going to make your quilt spactacular.

Love all the fabrics.

Janice you know I will be glad to double up. I’m sending assorted fabric so hopefully no one will get a double of the same fabric

Janice McC 01-11-2019 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here’s a sample of how I’d like your fabrics packed and a sample color request. (I just grabbed the only color chips I had and a leftover piece of fabri. This is not my real color request.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]606604[/ATTACH]
The ziplock is smaller than a quart size. Inside is my F8 and my color requests. The outside is labeled with my name. My color request asks that cream on cream and/or the attached colors be used. I would hope people come close to the colors samples but I must remember that there will be variation and artistic license used. Once all the F8s are packaged, please make sure you remove as much air as possible and then pack them tightly inside a gallon size ziplock on which your real name and address is written and the group name. If you are in 2 groups, please pack each group in its own gallon sized ziplock. I will send your blocks back to you in the original ziplocks you send me.

Hope this is helpful for newbies. :)

Macybaby 01-11-2019 03:19 PM

I sent my email - now to pick out the fabric.

Janice McC 01-11-2019 03:43 PM

Macybaby, Sent you a return email. :)

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8190965)
I sent my email - now to pick out the fabric.

Janice McC 01-11-2019 03:55 PM

Fixed the picture links. Sometimes posting pix from my cell doesn't work well. Should be ok now.

Janice McC 01-11-2019 04:45 PM

Ok, I'm getting push back on the smaller second piece of fabric. Some people want to send a second much larger piece than I recommend or possibly a third. This is strictly a shipping/packing issue. I'm sorry if some of you are disappointed but I'm sticking with the small 6.5 x 6.5 inch piece. Remember, it's supposed to be up to the block maker to make what she wants to make with your f8. Many of us have begun strictly directing the finished product with multiple fabrics and that's seriously infringing on my ability to ship easily. The harder it gets, the less I'm inclined to do it. My other option is to tell everyone I'm going to only use boxes to ship at over 14 bucks a pop. That's a lot of extra money. Anyway, until everyone says they're ok with nearly doubling the shipping costs, I'm saying "no" to larger second and third pieces. I hope you all understand. Thanks!

PamelaOry 01-11-2019 05:04 PM

I’m good with the limit Janice. I also appreciate the reminder that we want to keep things as open as possible for block making, to encourage creativity and that the block is from the blockmakers mind as well as her hands. (Does that make sense?)

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8191023)
Ok, I'm getting push back on the smaller second piece of fabric. Some people want to send a second much larger piece than I recommend or possibly a third. This is strictly a shipping/packing issue. I'm sorry if some of you are disappointed but I'm sticking with the small 6.5 x 6.5 inch piece. Remember, it's supposed to be up to the block maker to make what she wants to make with your f8. Many of us have begun strictly directing the finished product with multiple fabrics and that's seriously infringing on my ability to ship easily. The harder it gets, the less I'm inclined to do it. My other option is to tell everyone I'm going to only use boxes to ship at over 14 bucks a pop. That's a lot of extra money. Anyway, until everyone says they're ok with nearly doubling the shipping costs, I'm saying "no" to larger second and third pieces. I hope you all understand. Thanks!

Janice McC 01-11-2019 05:55 PM

Thanks, PamelaOry. (Yes, it does make sense!) Part of the problem is that while I want to keep things a bit simpler than they have been recently, I want everyone to have what they want. Cannot happen! LOL. I'm appreciative of everyone who is able to understand the rules and abide. Boomers are the best!

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8191030)
I’m good with the limit Janice. I also appreciate the reminder that we want to keep things as open as possible for block making, to encourage creativity and that the block is from the blockmakers mind as well as her hands. (Does that make sense?)

Libster 01-11-2019 06:02 PM

Janice, as always, I'm good for doubling up in the 2 month group. I'm also good with the smaller piece of a second fabric. My F8s are ready to head your way, $8.00 well hidden in an enclosed envelope for my return postage of my F8s to play with.

Sure is nice to see this many new Boomers playing this time! Welcome to you all.

Queenbarbiej 01-11-2019 09:22 PM

All of my fabrics are washed, dried and ironed. I just need to get paint chip samples and write a note for each. The little pieces of fabrics I had leftover from cutting my f8s I made 6 blocks so far to go into my quilt. This will help me tie all the blocks together since most of my group are getting different pieces.