Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-sign-ups-open-through-january-18-a-t301989.html)

Kassaundra 01-06-2019 04:01 PM

My oh my that makes me anxious just reading that!!!!! Most of my childhood I was raised as an only child by my gparents, went to a church w/ older people (not many babies), married the baby of his sibling group so all of them had children when we married not babies, and have never had children so I value peace and quiet, chaos and noise really unnerve me, so I can understand the need of that wine!!!!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 8188002)
What a weekend!! Having a glass of Riverboat Red just to relax! Had 2 grandaughters from Illinois come down Friday with 6 great grandkids (between 10 and 4 months) and a neice in law of one of the granddaughters to "help babysit". I have a VERY small one bedroom downstairs and the attic I converted to a hugh room with 2 beds a couch and a chair up there...It was very crowded. I guess Im getting old because it was really stressful with the kids running in and out and up and down the stairs and always wanting something to eat! LOL...The 4 month old cried a LOT until we went over to my sons house.(grand d are 32 and 30, my son is 36 so they are more like siblings) My daughter in law picked him up and the booger did not cry for 4 hours we were there...get back to my house...cries! LOL... Havent touched my machine or computer till now. They just went home about 3 pm and as much as I Love to see them Im super glad I dont have 6 kids to raise now days. One granddaughter has all 6, the other not even married. This wine sure tastes good :)

Loving all the fabric Im seeing posted!! Absolutely love those feathers! Didnt someone have food fabric once and made placemats out of them? I remember someone sent pretzels and donuts once too! I posted my fabric on the wave group link..Ill see if I still have it to post here.

terriamn 01-06-2019 04:08 PM

Joan I would have been jumping out of my skin. Not use to babies and little kids racing around any more. Hope you are sitting down in a recliner with your feet up enjoying that delectable wine.

sewbizgirl 01-06-2019 04:18 PM

I love the snowflake quilt, Terri! Yes, I would put the borders on the sides too.

TheMerkleFamily 01-06-2019 04:43 PM

Oh so many fun fabrics! Can't wait to see, touch and play with them soon! I'm paying close attention to all the ideas and instructions shared - it's helpful as I narrow down my choice for my 1st Boom fabrics.. I can see how you all make exceptional blocks regardless of the fabric given :) And hope to gain some of your creativity the next few months too!

Terramm - I love the blue baby - super sharp!

TravelingGramma - I wish I could find real produce that looks that good LOL. I love the idea of jar blocks too! I'm already trying to think of a clever Mason Jar label idea..

I'm heading into the city tomorrow (btw - that's a 50+ mile one-way drive for me) and my favorite LQS will be the 1st stop! Can't wait to see which fabric(s) jump into my cart for this BOOM - pics soon!

Kassaundra 01-06-2019 05:01 PM

Have fun, can't wait to see your choice.

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily (Post 8188035)
Oh so many fun fabrics! Can't wait to see, touch and play with them soon! I'm paying close attention to all the ideas and instructions shared - it's helpful as I narrow down my choice for my 1st Boom fabrics.. I can see how you all make exceptional blocks regardless of the fabric given :) And hope to gain some of your creativity the next few months too!

Terramm - I love the blue baby - super sharp!

TravelingGramma - I wish I could find real produce that looks that good LOL. I love the idea of jar blocks too! I'm already trying to think of a clever Mason Jar label idea..

I'm heading into the city tomorrow (btw - that's a 50+ mile one-way drive for me) and my favorite LQS will be the 1st stop! Can't wait to see which fabric(s) jump into my cart for this BOOM - pics soon!

Lstew2212 01-07-2019 03:46 AM

I would love to participate this time. Sending my info for the three month group. If needed, you can place me in the 2 month group. Thank you ladies

Janice McC 01-07-2019 08:53 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Time to update you on how sign-ups are going. To date, I've replied to everyone who has sent me an email to join. I still have one PM to reply to. As sign-ups aren't "official" until I have contact from a working email, I hope to have that from the person today.

Reminder! Those interested in signing up, please do read post #1 of this thread and follow the instructions at the end as to how to sign-up.

Lstew2212, I just replied. There's still space in the 3 month group so you are all set.

So, what you all are looking for...numbers. At present, we have 18 confirmed for the 3 month group with one conditional until I receive her email. That leaves one vacancy. When we fill that group, I will start a wait list if there is interest in it so that in the event of a drop, the group can be filled to capacity. The 2 month group has 7 confirmed members, and one conditional. Lots of room there. If anyone who is in the 3 month group wishes to add the 2 month group, let me know. We still have over 10 days until sign-ups close so there is lots of time for people to join.

That's it for now. Keep those fabric pix coming. I'll be working the gallery later in the week. Thanks!

vikkim 01-07-2019 10:05 AM

I thought I'd already posted here but can't find it so I'll try again. I'm new and signed up for the 3 month group. Excited to get started :)

Janice McC 01-07-2019 10:49 AM

Welcome, Vikkim! I hope you enjoy yourself. :) Love our Boom newbies!

Originally Posted by vikkim (Post 8188433)
I thought I'd already posted here but can't find it so I'll try again. I'm new and signed up for the 3 month group. Excited to get started :)

Queenbarbiej 01-07-2019 10:59 AM

This is my first Boom. I will be going through and picking out fabric for this. This should be fun.