Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

Lstew2212 08-19-2019 02:52 AM

Macybaby, your making my mouth water. I absolutely love Peanut Brittle.

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8290921)
Lucky me!! I was scrolling up and saw the block by Janice and though - wow!!! and then I see it's for me !!!

I love all the others too - it's so fun to see what everyone comes up with.

I've already picked out fabric for the next swap - while I was looking for grey, I opened up my tub of small prints I've been collecting for a log cabin quilt. I know I've got enough for several quilts, so it will be fun to use them for the swap. I've got over 30 different fabrics so it will be another that everyone gets something different.

I'm really bad when I get an idea and start collecting fabric - I always collect way more than I need.

Baking is going well, DH made a big batch of his great chocolate chip cookies, and I've got the carrot cake and the pumking bars done and the chocolate cake ready for the filling. The fudge is in the fridge cooling, and the Italian cream cake is in the oven.

I'm going to make the cream next, and then when Pumpkin bars are cool, I'll take them out of the pan so I can use it to make the chocolate pbutter bars. I only have one high side pan and I need it for them. I'm using parchment paper on everything so removing the cakes from the pans is easy.

the Peanut Brittle is last on the list. I like to watch music videos on my tablet while I'm stirring - takes 30-45 minutes to reach hard crack. I've found if I get the heat up and take less than 30 mn, the peanuts don't have near the crunch that I prefer.

Queenbarbiej 08-19-2019 03:30 AM

Thank you ladies for the lovely blocks. I have on more block to make for Hav4boys. I'm not sure what to do yet.

Janice McC 08-19-2019 04:46 AM

I'm a bit stumped now on Hav's as well. So many fun blocks have already been made.

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8291055)
Thank you ladies for the lovely blocks. I have on more block to make for Hav4boys. I'm not sure what to do yet.

terriamn 08-19-2019 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterdays blocks. First 2 for Jaba and third one for H4B

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616345[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616346[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616347[/ATTACH]

H4B have never used this stitch before on new machine and think I have only used it once or twice before on my old machine. Made a few practice units first. It was a lot of fun to make

Hope Jaba and H4B like their blocks

Queenbarbiej 08-19-2019 09:33 AM

I just figured out the perfect pattern for Hav4boys last block.

Janice McC 08-19-2019 10:36 AM

Omgosh, Terriamn I adore your block for Hav! What a darling idea! Great blocks for Jaba, too. I love her purple fabric.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8291234)
Yesterdays blocks. First 2 for Jaba and third one for H4B

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616345[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616346[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616347[/ATTACH]

H4B have never used this stitch before on new machine and think I have only used it once or twice before on my old machine. Made a few practice units first. It was a lot of fun to make

Hope Jaba and H4B like their blocks

terriamn 08-19-2019 10:41 AM

Macybaby somehow I missed my fabulous blocks you made for me. Was looking in the gallery and saw them. Thanks so much and sorry I didn’t acknowledge them sooner. They are both cute as can be.

Libster 08-19-2019 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is an extra block for Terriamn because I had enough fabric left to make it. Does anyone notice anything else about it? Yep, I had just enough to do it. I promise the corners are gray and it's square. It's storming here so I took the picture on my sewing desk. The wood underneath is making the corners have a greenish tint. This should give you 20 blocks for your quilt, Terri. Hope you can use it.

Janice McC 08-19-2019 12:51 PM

Way to go, Libster!

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8291318)
This is an extra block for Terriamn because I had enough fabric left to make it. Does anyone notice anything else about it? Yep, I had just enough to do it. I promise the corners are gray and it's square. It's storming here so I took the picture on my sewing desk. The wood underneath is making the corners have a greenish tint. This should give you 20 blocks for your quilt, Terri. Hope you can use it.

ibex94 08-19-2019 12:57 PM

Great blocks! Thank you all for your eye candy.