Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

GramE 09-30-2019 12:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Is it just me, or does anyone else look like a human lint roller when they finish a block?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617988[/ATTACH]
Family photo for Hav4boys. I gave up on a cat theme, they were all taken!

terriamn 09-30-2019 01:17 PM

Since I always wear dark colors I am always full of very noticeable strings

love your family portrait, don’t remember seeing that block before

GramE 09-30-2019 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8307932)
Since I always wear dark colors I am always full of very noticeable strings

love your family portrait, don’t remember seeing that block before

100 blocks volume 4 I think. Block #387. I guess it’s really called Picture This.

sewbizgirl 09-30-2019 03:29 PM

That portrait block is purrrfect for the kitties....

Yes, I'm a human thread and pet hair catcher, too. I keep a lint roller by each of my machines... if I can just remember to use it!

terriamn 09-30-2019 03:32 PM

Thanks GramE will look and see if I can find it in the book.

Mona great Pineapple Blossoms

Libster 09-30-2019 03:43 PM

GramE,I thought you'd snuck in a picture of me with all my threads still attached. LOL But...that's how we recognize each other as quilters!

GramE 09-30-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8307985)
GramE,I thought you'd snuck in a picture of me with all my threads still attached. LOL But...that's how we recognize each other as quilters!

even my bathroom rug has small nubs of fabric and threads that fall off of me!

jaba 09-30-2019 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8308028)
even my bathroom rug has small nubs of fabric and threads that fall off of me!

My pants look the same, sleeves catch some too and rug....same too.

Janice McC 09-30-2019 07:02 PM

I'm head to toe strings and scraps when I'm on a roll! Glad it's not just me...

And GramE, there's at least one more cat block bc I was working on it tonight. Just need a tiny bit of applique and it will finally be done. How I've stalled on this one! The applique always scares the %^&* out of me.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8307924)
Is it just me, or does anyone else look like a human lint roller when they finish a block?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617988[/ATTACH]
Family photo for Hav4boys. I gave up on a cat theme, they were all taken!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 8308056)
My pants look the same, sleeves catch some too and rug....same too.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8307985)

Macybaby 10-01-2019 05:48 AM

ever wonder why black fabrics seem to collect lint more than any others? The compound used for black die has a stucture that is triangle in shape, and this causes a lot of "surface" edges that can rub together and build up more static. Most other dies have a structure that has more rounded edges so it does not build up as much static.

I am really loving all the blocks that have been shown. I'm going to be on vacation in October and probaly won't be home until after they have been shipped back. My mail will be held so they'll be safe, waiting for me at the PO when I get home.

DH and I are currently planning our trip. The only quilt/fabric related stop I have is the shop in Stone Mt area near Atlanta. Can't believe with all the times I've been to Atlanta area, I never heard of the place before!