Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

Libster 07-29-2019 01:04 PM

klaws, I love your doll! "Miss April" is a knock out winner for sure. Well done. It amazes me at the talents of some of our Board members. There's always someone on here who can do something and make it look so easy.

Kassaundra 07-29-2019 03:15 PM

When you said soft sculpture dolls I was thinking cabbage patch type, this is really nice

[QUOTE=klaws;8282452]

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8282395)
what kind of soft sculpture dolls Karen? I just tried my hand at a Waldorf inspired doll. Unfortunately the pattern I used is a little whacked , so now her arms and legs look unusually long.

PamelaOry, this is just one of the many dolls I made. I entered a contest and she was "Miss April" on a calendar that was printed by a company who sold doll supplies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615363[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]615364[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 07-29-2019 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
H4B, great decoupage, years ago I did that w/ some old suitcases and wrapping paper, I also did a few really ugly lamp bases.

I've been working on a stripe hexie based quilt, the border is finished now, and I am contemplating what next or if it is done except for a black solid border (for size)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615419[/ATTACH]

And working on a small project that has some 4 patch posies, finished them today these are 4.5 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615420[/ATTACH]

GramE 07-29-2019 04:06 PM

Kass, All the thinking that went into those hexie strips makes my head hurt. But it is gorgeous, even more so because of the work you’ve done!

Libster 07-29-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8282757)
H4B, great decoupage, years ago I did that w/ some old suitcases and wrapping paper, I also did a few really ugly lamp bases.

I've been working on a stripe hexie based quilt, the border is finished now, and I am contemplating what next or if it is done except for a black solid border (for size)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615419[/ATTACH]

And working on a small project that has some 4 patch posies, finished them today these are 4.5 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615420[/ATTACH]

Wow, Kass! I have no words. I can't even begin to imagine how to do something that complex. Simply fan-tab-u-lous!

PamelaOry 07-29-2019 04:49 PM

Wow! She is beautiful Karen![QUOTE=klaws;8282452]

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8282395)
what kind of soft sculpture dolls Karen? I just tried my hand at a Waldorf inspired doll. Unfortunately the pattern I used is a little whacked , so now her arms and legs look unusually long.

PamelaOry, this is just one of the many dolls I made. I entered a contest and she was "Miss April" on a calendar that was printed by a company who sold doll supplies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615363[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]615364[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 07-29-2019 05:40 PM

Klaws I love Miss April. She’s amazing. Hav4boys that’s dedication, sewing every morning. No wonder you get so much done. The car boys are beautiful.

The 4 patch posies are amazing too Kass.

I went boogie boarding at the beach. I always wear a full black wet suit. My husband commented I look like a seal. Glad there haven’t been any shark sightings like there were last week.

annt59 07-29-2019 09:28 PM

Love that doll! I will be back in Florida from Canada on Wednesday. More then.

Queenbarbiej 07-30-2019 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kass your hexies are wonderful.
Libster I did a practice star block for your fabric. Choose one of the colors in the star to go in you block. From the center out coral, light blue, lime green and orange.
Janice this star does not go in the gallery. It was a practice piece for when I make Libsters block.

Janice McC 07-30-2019 03:42 AM

Queenbarbiej, I know this is a practice block but please post your blocks into the group to which they belong. If I get blocks posted to both groups, it’ll make to difficult for me to keep track of who has made what. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8282909)
Kass your hexies are wonderful.
Libster I did a practice star block for your fabric. Choose one of the colors in the star to go in you block. From the center out coral, light blue, lime green and orange.
Janice this star does not go in the gallery. It was a practice piece for when I make Libsters block.