Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

Smglover207 07-30-2019 04:46 PM

Batiks are my favorite! I can’t wait to see that one in person.

I can happily say that my fabric is finally ready to go! It’s going in the mail in the morning.

I agree with the others, your doll is beautiful! I think part of the reason I make quilts is that they are mostly straight edges. I avoid curves like the plague, although I have made 2 American Beauty quilts, they required a Lot of resewing.

Kassaundra 07-30-2019 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Terri sounds exhausting! Hope you can get back to your sewing soon.

After all that precision of the directional stripes and 60' triangles I decided I needed some mindless non measured sewing so I worked on those 4 patch posies from earlier. I drew this up to be wall hanging size, but while I was working on that I did make one w/ only 2 square rows that would finish 12 inch so may find it's way into this boom. Not sure where I am going from here but it is a start.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615473[/ATTACH]

Libster 07-31-2019 12:48 AM

Kass, I count six different stars peeking at me from that middle out. I love this!

Kassaundra 07-31-2019 04:56 AM

I thought you would notice those stars. lol

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8283407)
Kass, I count six different stars peeking at me from that middle out. I love this!

Janice McC 07-31-2019 05:07 AM

Kass, this block may be my favorite of yours. Your piecing skills are on full display. And this is your idea of mindless sewing! My goodness. <3

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8283366)
Terri sounds exhausting! Hope you can get back to your sewing soon.

After all that precision of the directional stripes and 60' triangles I decided I needed some mindless non measured sewing so I worked on those 4 patch posies from earlier. I drew this up to be wall hanging size, but while I was working on that I did make one w/ only 2 square rows that would finish 12 inch so may find it's way into this boom. Not sure where I am going from here but it is a start.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615473[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 07-31-2019 05:17 AM

Thanks, I didn't make templates or have the measure. I pieced it by using wof strips and cut it to size after sewing. Much more waste that way, but I wanted to just sew and not do a lot of precise measuring and matching points on fabric so the angles would work.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8283472)
Kass, this block may be my favorite of yours. Your piecing skills are on full display. And this is your idea of mindless sewing! My goodness. <3

mjpEncinitas 07-31-2019 05:21 AM

Wow Kass. I wish I could take a class from you. Both for mindless sewing and the measured kind.

sewbizgirl 07-31-2019 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8283407)

I only see three stars (in white)!

This is cool, Kass....

terriamn 07-31-2019 06:09 AM

I am feeling so much better and enjoying tasks I haven’t been able to do in ages. But Can’t say I am enjoying my very sore shoulder from overuse. Another beautiful day here but going to give shoulder a rest and just enjoy being outside and read a good book

Kass you are just to much, love your amazing mindless block

SuziSew 07-31-2019 07:02 AM

Kass, love your block, especially that center is fabulous!

Janice, I will have my F8's in tomorrows mail and will send you the tracking number.