Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

Janice McC 11-06-2019 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After Terriamn’s quilt, this will seem boring as heck but here are three of the 9 blocks for the baby quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619341[/ATTACH]
They are having a muted palette in the grand’s room so I tried to abide. The soft teal/aqua is quite nice. I wanted each block to have a different color but Dh and I felt it was too much color despite the softness of each. I’m sticking with just the teal then but being wild (laughing) with a 7 different wow’s. Hope it won’t be too much, again laughing. I’ll QAYG with thin sashing as it needs to stay small. I love that sleepy sheep fabric.

Janice McC 11-06-2019 03:10 AM

I recall this one well. Someone will see it and want to take it home.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8323447)
My granddaughter is insisting she needs a new quilt, that hers is to small. I showed her the bright blue and red quilt made from your boom blocks you all made for me. She said grandma I don’t wear sunglasses to bed. Guess that was a no.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619337[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 11-06-2019 05:11 AM

7 different wow fabrics, you sure know how to partee (miss spelled on purpose) Janice!!!!!! <:)<:)<:)<:)

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8323482)
After Terriamn’s quilt, this will seem boring as heck but here are three of the 9 blocks for the baby quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619341[/ATTACH]
They are having a muted palette in the grand’s room so I tried to abide. The soft teal/aqua is quite nice. I wanted each block to have a different color but Dh and I felt it was too much color despite the softness of each. I’m sticking with just the teal then but being wild (laughing) with a 7 different wow’s. Hope it won’t be too much, again laughing. I’ll QAYG with thin sashing as it needs to stay small. I love that sleepy sheep fabric.

Libster 11-06-2019 05:15 AM

Janice, what a pretty quilt that's going to be. I like the sleepy sheep too. I've always loved that block pattern.

Janice McC 11-06-2019 05:29 AM

Kassaundra, no holding me back! Roflol.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8323518)
7 different wow fabrics, you sure know how to partee (miss spelled on purpose) Janice!!!!!! <:)<:)<:)<:)

SuziSew 11-06-2019 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8323364)
Awesome blocks Suzi love mine w/ those bright primary colors, the Florida beachy is cool, both the print and the play on storm at sea.

Terri you look like you've been busy and I love the leaves

So glad you like it...I love primary colors myself!

juliasb 11-06-2019 05:45 AM

I have been terribly sick this last week and up and down for an hour here and an hour there. I have no voice, a fever that won't break (low grade), runny nose, muscle aches and a sore throat. I started antibiotics last Friday. My sewing went on hold as my sleep patterns got all messed up. I am taking my energy here for the morning. I am almost done with the baby quilt I am making. I am getting more and more excited about soon getting all these lovely blocks to make into a beautiful quilt. I Figured I should check in now. I am seeing baby quilts in the making a bright red and blue for a granddaughter and a series of new blocks for the Boom 23. This is all heartwarming and makes my day today.

SuziSew 11-06-2019 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8323373)
Your blocks are beautiful. The block you made for me is a block I will treasure for years to come.

I was really pleased with how it came out, so happy you like it. It was one of the last ones I made, had to find just the right pattern. :)

SuziSew 11-06-2019 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by IrishMom (Post 8323420)
Suzi -- I echo everyone else, what pretty blocks! I love mine! Thank You!

Also, my blocks went out in the mail today...Janice I'll be sending you the tracking info soon.

Originally Posted by annt59 (Post 8323435)
Thank you, Sewzisew. My block is lovely.

Janice, my package should arrive to you tomorrow.

Irish and Annt, I'm glad you like them, I was pleased with how they turned out.

Kassaundra 11-06-2019 06:04 AM

Sorry you have been so sick, I had it the same exact s/sx 2 weeks ago it lasted for just over a week, but I still have the cough, and some weakness / tiredness. Some people I work with had it too, so it is a "thing" going around.

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8323542)
I have been terribly sick this last week and up and down for an hour here and an hour there. I have no voice, a fever that won't break (low grade), runny nose, muscle aches and a sore throat. I started antibiotics last Friday. My sewing went on hold as my sleep patterns got all messed up. I am taking my energy here for the morning. I am almost done with the baby quilt I am making. I am getting more and more excited about soon getting all these lovely blocks to make into a beautiful quilt. I Figured I should check in now. I am seeing baby quilts in the making a bright red and blue for a granddaughter and a series of new blocks for the Boom 23. This is all heartwarming and makes my day today.