Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

Janice McC 08-21-2019 10:15 AM

Boom Biz - final color request post

Me again! Gallery is back up. I removed a couple of blocks and have contacted those makers already. I still have a couple of more emails to reply to from both sides of the question of color requests. Most interestingly, I've had folks asking if the blocks they made were right. I do not have color requests for this group. Only you know if your blocks are made with the right colors! Even if I have copies of the requests, I cannot rely on what the screen shows me because sometimes light colors look white, or white looks pale green, etc., so I cannot tell you for sure if you made what the f8 owner asked. You must read the notes and be sure you understand them before making the block. However, if a person asks for pastel colors and you use darks, no, your block isn't right. If a person says not to use black and you use it, no, your block isn't right. Read the notes, read them again, don't just scan the note, pick up the word "black" and add it when the note says, "do not use black". Slow down please! It's so easy let your enthusiasm run away with you. So easy. Most of us have done it.

OK, I've said it enough. Everyone understands I'm sure. Thank you for being understanding and trying your best. It's so greatly appreciated. :)

Libster 08-21-2019 12:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two for today. First one is for mjpEncinitas. second one is for LStew2212.

sewbizgirl 08-21-2019 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8292113)
Wonderful! I love it. It will definitely be a focal point in my quilt

Who and which block are you referring to, Julia?

sewbizgirl 08-21-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8292174)
Here are my two for today. First one is for mjpEncinitas. second one is for LStew2212.

Two beautifully made blocks, Libster...

Kassaundra 08-21-2019 12:52 PM

I'm up and running again, it took a new computer to do it though, mine would have cost more to fix then just getting a new one (we don't get big expensive computers).

My plans got altered for me today, I was on my way to an appointment when I ran into a smoke plume from a garage fire (like auto repair garage) anyway it gave me a big ol' asthma attack that grounded me for the day. I've been working on a block for MJP, 24 tiny flying geese down, now to finish it up.

More cool blocks being posted today.

IrishMom 08-21-2019 03:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Janice - thanks again for updating the gallery so quickly. It's amazing to see how the blocks start to fit together!

And so many pretty blocks in the past few days. I love them all, but I have to say the jukebox (hav4boys) is inspired!

So, I am tired and worn out today! Moved my daughter back into her dorm on a warm and muggy day. I finished her 3 foot by 3 foot wall hanging in time! Her room has a bowed out set of windows on one side (called a princess room). She has always wanted a window seat, so when she got this room she asked my husband to make one for her. Now, the windows are about 10 feet long, so they compromised. Her 6 foot futon will fit 2/3 of it and he built a window seat for the remaining space! He built shelves inside it for which I made the quilt hanging. She wanted it to be her dorms logo - they are the wildcats. The futon isn't out of storage yet, but the window seat fits perfectly and I am happy with my quilt! I had some fun with my new rulers, I liked how it came out even though I wasn't hitting my points at all! The picture shows the back of her tee shirt with the logo I had to recreate....applique is another technique I've only done two times before so I was very happy with how it came out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616477[/ATTACH]

terriamn 08-21-2019 03:26 PM

Libster love your latest blocks, they are one of my favorites.

Julia you nailed the wall hanging.

Kass are you feeling better now. Asthma attacks are frightening.

Fighting a sore throat and body aches. Was already feeling challenged, two more of my friends became widows in the last two weeks.

Libster 08-21-2019 05:04 PM

Sorry you're feeling bad, Terri. Take care of you! The most important thing you can do for your friends now is to just be there for them. There's really nothing you can say to make things better, they just need to know that someone cares and they won't be alone and forgotten.

sewbizgirl 08-21-2019 05:34 PM

So sorry to hear of those deaths, Terri. I am sure you will be there for your friends.

IrishMom, what a cute window seat and wall hanging!

Janice, thanks for taking care of the color problems.

Kassaundra 08-21-2019 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Imom, you did a great job especially on the wall hanging.

Terri, I am breathing better now and my lungs aren't as tight as they have been most of the day.

I have finished MJP's block. It took every bit of the f8 and the piece of red. I am sorry about the points on the FG, they are not the normal ratio of 1:2 and I thought I could make them w/o fpp but it seems I was wrong. I had made a practice one earlier but altered the center star a little and thought I could compensate on the FG.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616485[/ATTACH]