Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

sewbizgirl 08-17-2019 01:27 PM

Beautiful block for Klaws, Cheesehead. So much color! I've been pondering what to do with her fabric.

I don't starch anything. I just sew fast and don't take the time, not that I'm morally opposed to it or anything. :D I think whatever your normal way of handling fabrics when you sew will be fine with anyone.

I'm one of the people who can't handle perfumy scents on fabric. I don't have breathing probs or allergies, but those artificial scents will trigger a migraine in a heartbeat! It's kind of why I have given up hosting swaps. Some fabrics always come with those heavy scents. One lady even treated her blocks with Febreeze before sending them to me... OMG, those made me so sick!

Libster 08-17-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8290596)
Beautiful block for Klaws, Cheesehead. So much color! I've been pondering what to do with her fabric.

I don't starch anything. I just sew fast and don't take the time, not that I'm morally opposed to it or anything. :D I think whatever your normal way of handling fabrics when you sew will be fine with anyone.

I'm one of the people who can't handle perfumy scents on fabric. I don't have breathing probs or allergies, but those artificial scents will trigger a migraine in a heartbeat! It's kind of why I have given up hosting swaps. Some fabrics always come with those heavy scents. One lady even treated her blocks with Febreeze before sending them to me... OMG, those made me so sick!

I know what you mean, Sewbiz. I have a daughter who can smell things nobody else in the world can smell and it triggers migraines in her too. Even the smell of hairspray sets her off. It's just something she has to live with.

bibliostone 08-17-2019 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first boom 23 block for Hav4boys.

Crossing the Square:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616228[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-17-2019 02:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cute block, B'stone!

I got 3 more done today.

Also for Hav! This one's called Atlas Star. I just love this batik with white. It makes me think I need to have a whole quilt of little batik stars with white!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616229[/ATTACH]

This one is for Vikkim. It's an Angle Play design, improvised. Just love this beautiful floral....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616230[/ATTACH]

Last is a Woven Star for Kass. Hope this is a good canvas to applique frogs onto, Kass. I had to take it outside to get the colors to photograph true, so hence the daylight shining through it. It's actually not thin... those are Kona cottons.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616231[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 08-17-2019 03:04 PM

Such pretty blocks SBG, love the block you made for Hav4!

sewbizgirl 08-17-2019 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last block of the evening. This is a Jig-saw block for Bibliostone. This fabric had me stumped until I found the perfect teal for it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616239[/ATTACH]

vikkim 08-17-2019 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8290613)
Cute block, B'stone!

I got 3 more done today.

Also for Hav! This one's called Atlas Star. I just love this batik with white. It makes me think I need to have a whole quilt of little batik stars with white!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616229[/ATTACH]

This one is for Vikkim. It's an Angle Play design, improvised. Just love this beautiful floral....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616230[/ATTACH]

Last is a Woven Star for Kass. Hope this is a good canvas to applique frogs onto, Kass. I had to take it outside to get the colors to photograph true, so hence the daylight shining through it. It's actually not thin... those are Kona cottons.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616231[/ATTACH]

Beautiful blocks Sewbizgirl! I really love the one you made for me! Thank you!!

Smglover207 08-17-2019 07:06 PM

Julia’s, sorry you didn’t get instructions, that’s why I had one left.

H4B, I’m sorry you are going to make another block, I liked the first, but can’t wait to see what you think will be an improvement.

I finally got to the PO today. We had to move very suddenly just before I mailed my fabric, so I had to pack my stash and since I was not able to supervise placement in the storage unit, I lost track of those boxes. Today my mom and son helped me retrieve them, my mom crawled over boxes and furniture from one end of the 20 foot storage unit to the other. We managed to liberate 2 of my boxes, and one of my son’s clothes. He says “That’s what we came for, fabric?” YES

We looked over all of them tonight, and had a great idea for the circus fabric. I can’t wait until tomorrow when everyone else goes to the beach!

Queenbarbiej 08-17-2019 07:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you sewbizgirl for the lovely block. I got a couple done today one for Jaba and the other for Terriamn.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]616241[/ATTACH]Terriamn one color is coral and the other is a dark pink.

sewbizgirl 08-17-2019 08:55 PM

Love your blocks for Jaba and Terri, QBJ! The one for Terri, especially, is gorgeous. :thumbup: