Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

klaws 08-18-2019 05:01 AM

Thank you so much, Cheese, for my block. I love it!!!

[QUOTE

=Cheesehead;8290592]This afternoon I made a block for Klaws.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616225[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

terriamn 08-18-2019 06:46 AM

Cheesehead love your color choices in block for Kalws

Sewbiz all three blocks are great but the woven star really caught my eye

QB, thank you for my beautiful block

Cheesehead 08-18-2019 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This finished block is for Bibliostone.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616253[/ATTACH]

juliasb 08-18-2019 09:30 AM

I learned a long time ago that if a block starts to go bonkers in my brain it is time to set it aside. The block I am working on now is doing just that. The creative side of me says "cut! cut! while the book worm part of me says, "steady, steady". When they are both winning in my heard I say Stop! So I am stopping for right now. I get carried away with hst's! Who in their right mind does that. Me!
Now I have finished one more block and working on another. I will wait to post pics until both are finished. No peeking on which one is causing me to take a break hehehe.
I also discovered that my new FW makes a perfect 1/4" seam and is now being used on all the blocks for this swap. It is so quiet and sews so smoothly. I must however get use to the slower speed of the machine. Good thing is that it is making my stitching more accurate because I am going slower. All of you will benefit from this. Have you ever noticed that each of us has a different, though close, 1/4" seam allowance.. Now to the kitchen. I have to start making pickle relish.

Cheesehead 08-18-2019 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for Jaba.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616264[/ATTACH]

Lstew2212 08-18-2019 12:36 PM

"Boxes" for QueenBarbiej:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616220[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8290592)
This afternoon I made a block for Klaws.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616225[/ATTACH]

Crossing the Square:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616228[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I got 3 more done today.

Also for Hav! This one's called Atlas Star.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616229[/ATTACH]

This one is for Vikkim.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616230[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616231[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8290672)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616239[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Queenbarbiej;8290683] and the other for Terriamn.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]616241[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8290811)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616253[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8290894)
This block is for Jaba.[ATTACH=CONFIG]616264[/ATTACH]

I am loving each and every block made today. Everyone is doing a beautiful job at making beautiful blocks. Show and tell is wonderful.

Lstew2212 08-18-2019 12:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I also made two blocks today, one for Klaws and one for Jaba, hope you like them:o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616266[/ATTACH]

My seam ripper got a workout today, so it is time for me to stop.

sewbizgirl 08-18-2019 12:51 PM

Pretty blocks, Cheesehead and Lstew2212! I agree... our Show and Tell is lots of fun. :o

Kassaundra 08-18-2019 01:12 PM

Great blocks sewbiz, especially my woven star the colors are great it will look awesome w/ the bright frogs. Thanks.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8290613)
Cute block, B'stone!

I got 3 more done today.

Also for Hav! This one's called Atlas Star. I just love this batik with white. It makes me think I need to have a whole quilt of little batik stars with white!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616229[/ATTACH]

This one is for Vikkim. It's an Angle Play design, improvised. Just love this beautiful floral....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616230[/ATTACH]

Last is a Woven Star for Kass. Hope this is a good canvas to applique frogs onto, Kass. I had to take it outside to get the colors to photograph true, so hence the daylight shining through it. It's actually not thin... those are Kona cottons.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616231[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 08-18-2019 03:22 PM

Good evening, Night Owls! Happy to report I'm feeling much more like myself today. Thank goodness. Still worried but trying to keep a positive outlook. On to your blocks...

My goodness! I think I counted 22 blocks posted here since I last checked. Wow! I planned to comment on most or all of the blocks the group made but there are so many that stand out for me. I'll just say "great job" to all of you and thank you for your creativity and efforts.

Smglover and Terriamn, I'm glad you finally got your blocks. And SMG, it's tough enough to move in general but with little notice, well, it must have been difficult.
Suzisew, the main thing re: aromas if you use products is to keep them light. I also use starch but I do let the blocks breathe before I pack them up. I think that helps.
Juliasb, don't worry about repeating a block pattern. If you think it suits a couple of F8s, then go for it. We do try to avoid duplicating blocks for one person but even that happens. They won't be exact duplicates anyway since fabrics will vary. No worries!
IrishMom, I hope your daughter gets moved in soon. There are months to work on the blocks!

And thank you to those of you who've been assisting our newbies. I'm glad to see several of you stepping up and answering questions while I've been unavailable. I hope to keep better on top of this now. Fingers crossed!

I'm off to add the blocks to the gallery. Have a lovely evening, NO's.